Illinois Students Lose Diplomas Over Cheers

I don't know what the hell ya'll are doing/seeing at the graduation y'all are attending but yelling for your relative should not even be entertained as grounds for keeping a diploma. Folks in administration with this type of Gestapo attitude need to consider another line of work. They cannot be effective and are obviously frustrated as hell and should avoid children since their attitude is not positive.

Fucc their struggles? I say fucc the anal retentive mothas that can't understand/forgot how it felt to make such an accomplishment. Just because you want to sit there and not let your Little Johnny/Jenny know you are proud as heck don't mean I don't want to.

Heck, I've got $20 on the lawyers fees pot.
:emlaugh:

Let me guess. You are amongthose who act a damn fool at graduations?

If you are passive and not outgoing, then be that. But just like it is your right to not "act a dayum fool" it is my right to act one. I know when I graduated from college my family was at the top of stadium and you could still hear the applause on the football field. i was the first man in my family to graduate from college my grandmothers rejoiced like never before. The fact is that you have no clue why the applause or clebration from that family is so loud.

I agree that there is a time and place for everything, and if you can cheer for someone's accomplishments at graduation, then what is there to cheer for?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That's good for the fothermuckas. They should keep the damn diplomas. Just ignorant bullshat carrying on like fools. A few weeks ago my wife graduated grad school at McNeese. I hadn't been to a college graduation since she finished undergrad at Grambling. The two graduations were so different. At Grambling it was a quiet dignified graduation. People held their applause until the end. IMHO, that's the way it should be. But at McNeese those backwards arse rednecks (very few blacks) were screaming and blowing bullhorns like they were at a football game. Because of all this carrying on you could not hear the next person's name called which was really unfair to those who had worked hard for their degrees. I had a bad headache leaving that big barn (Burton Coliseum). The next person graduating from their will be shat out of luck if they expect me to attend their graduation 'cause it isn't going to happen. So again too bad so sad, fuggras.

What do you mean Gramfan, according to UAPB it is just as acting a dayum fool.....

What do you mean Gramfan, according to UAPB it is just as acting a dayum fool.....
I don't know what UAPB had to say but I know what Gramfan has to say about it . . . .

I hope not a sAngle one of them get their diplomas. Ain't nobody to blame but their stupid arse family members. Rules are rules, dumb fuggras.

Has getting a diploma gone from fulfilling the required credits/hours to complete a high school/college education or how one behaves at a graduation ceremony that is suppose to honor the graduate?

When my oldest son graduated from high school, yes the students had been told at practice that when his/her name was called to walk across the the stage, accept the diploma and walk off and skip the dancing, celebration, etc. Well, of course, early in the B's one young lady broke into a celebration, and the principal announced that if it happened again, the ceremony would be stopped. A chilly murmur went across the arena that let her know that it would be in her best interest to come up with a plan "B."

After going to many graduations, the celebrations that I have seen haven't amounted to enough for any drastic measures. OBTW, when did colleges start allowing loved ones to join the graduate on stage for a picture? This is the first year that I saw that. Personally, I didn't have a problem with it, but if we are into complaining about graduations procedures, then IMO that is more distracting than a family cheering from the audience when a graduate crosses the stage.

Updated:2007-06-07 00:41:08
School Relents, Gives Out Diplomas
Students Were Initially Denied Them Because of Cheers

By JAN DENNIS
AP

GALESBURG, Ill. (June 7) - Five students will get the diplomas they were denied when cheers erupted for them at a high school graduation, and school officials said Wednesday they would review a get-tough decorum policy.

Galesburg High School officials had said they would not hand over the keepsake diplomas unless they received apologies. But the stalemate over the diplomas and the media attention it attracted have taken valuable time and energy, they said.

"It is time for the good of the community, the school district, the families and the students involved to move on," Superintendent Gene Denisar said in a written statement.

Peoria attorney Jeffrey Green, who took the students' case at no cost, sent a letter late Tuesday threatening to sue the district if officials did not apologize and deliver the diplomas by 5 p.m. Wednesday.

"They met with the families two or three times and had a chance to get this thing right," Green said. "I've been involved less than 24 hours, and now they have their diplomas, so you draw your own conclusions."

Man, I'm going to start cheering and acting retarded at every graduation I go to now. I'm going to yell for the ones I know and for the ones I dont know. I may just take me a "terrible" towel to wave in the air. Matter of fact, I'm going to start next year when my nephew graduates. :jump:

To solve the whole the thing, just ask the man/woman who is calling the names to slow down!!!!!Yeah it will make graduation longer but nobody will be left out.

Did anyone really expect a different result than the district giving those students their diplomas. A lot of the foolishness we find ourselves in can be easily avoided.

If you are passive and not outgoing, then be that. But just like it is your right to not "act a dayum fool" it is my right to act one. I know when I graduated from college my family was at the top of stadium and you could still hear the applause on the football field. i was the first man in my family to graduate from college my grandmothers rejoiced like never before. The fact is that you have no clue why the applause or clebration from that family is so loud.

I agree that there is a time and place for everything, and if you can cheer for someone's accomplishments at graduation, then what is there to cheer for?

When I graduated from College the first time, my momma and ma ma were damn near on the stage with me. As soon as the guy took the picture as you come off the stage, my mom took my degree and told me I can keep the next one. After the thing was over they were taking pictures and giving each other high fives like they just graduated. We sittin in Houston's and the waiter was giving ma ma congrats and free dessert like she was the graduate.

When I graduated from College the first time, my momma and ma ma were damn near on the stage with me. As soon as the guy took the picture as you come off the stage, my mom took my degree and told me I can keep the next one. After the thing was over they were taking pictures and giving each other high fives like they just graduated. We sittin in Houston's and the waiter was giving ma ma congrats and free dessert like she was the graduate.
:lol:

To solve the whole the thing, just ask the man/woman who is calling the names to slow down!!!!!Yeah it will make graduation longer but nobody will be left out.

Virtually impossible here considering the large classes of graduates. Do you know how hard it is to sit through 746 names being called? lol

Can't slow down. In fact, most 4A school districts (I'm basing it on my hometown and this one I live in currently) are trying to keep the entire ceremony to under 2hrs and 30mins. :confused:

:emlaugh: :lol: :bawling:

Back