Illinois Students Lose Diplomas Over Cheers

Let me guess. You are amongthose who act a damn fool at graduations?

why do you even give a fucc? i aint sayin nothing that's no different from anyone else in this thread. i can count on my right hand the graduations i've been to, and 2 of them were my own, neither diploma was taken or held. you are the only somebody in this thread crying over the situation. bottom line, the students should not be penalized for what someone in the audience is doing. i'm speaking on a perspective if it was my diploma being held, not as a spectator. get a grip please.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
But they shouldn't need to get an attorney. It is a graduation. People are going to get excited. Besides, how can they say without any doubt that she or her family violated the contract. Did the friends, long distance relatives, and neighborhood folks sign a contract too? Did they have a contract for everyone to sign as they entered the building? This is a waste of time and effort and should not be a story. The school system wil cave, because that is what school systems do, but still it should not have come this far.....

Co-sign to all that up there ^^^
That's a dayum shame. I could see if they brought cowbells/bullhorns as they are very loud and could have interrupted the hearing of others as Ive witnessed some folks family in the past.

After the struggle some of these parents and family members have encouraging and getting these kids to graduate from school or even keeping them interested in school they have the right to do what they please. Stop judging other people when you don?t know there struggles!!!!

After the struggle some of these parents and family members have encouraging and getting these kids to graduate from school or even keeping them interested in school they have the right to do what they please. Stop judging other people when you don?t know there struggles!!!!

I feel what yall are saying but is it fair for the student whose name is called AFTER!?!?
That child's name can't be heard at all...

I'm sure we've all been to at least one graduation (or at least I have) where there were families that celebrated entirely too much and the name of the child that came next couldn't even be heard.

That's not fair. There are other ways to show you are proud of your child's accomplishment that doesn't affect another person.

I agree with rule. Is the punishment too harsh? Probably. Oh well...at next year's graduation those families/friends will know to simply clap and shut the fugg up.

The reality of it is that most of these kids probably want go any further in life so to their families this is a once in a lifetime event. Most people who act up over celebrating are just glad that the kids made it yet alone walk down the aisle. Seeing a child make it to 18 years of age with a high school diploma is rare in 2007 so I don?t blame them one bit for acting a fool.
I feel what yall are saying but is it fair for the student whose name is called AFTER!?!?

I'm sure we've all been to at least one graduation (or at least I have) where there were families that celebrated entirely too much and the name of the child that came next couldn't even be heard.

That's not fair. There are other ways to show you are proud of your child's accomplishment that doesn't affect another person.

I agree with rule. Is the punishment too harsh? Probably. Oh well...at next year's graduation those families/friends will know to simply clap and shut the fugg up.

The reality of it is that most of these kids probably want go any further in life so to their families this is a once in a lifetime event. Most people who act up over celebrating are just glad that the kids made it yet alone walk down the aisle. Seeing a child make it to 18 years of age with a high school diploma is rare in 2007 so I don?t blame them one bit for acting a fool.

I understand that reality...but it still doesn't make it alright.

*shrugs*

I understand that reality...but it still doesn't make it alright.

*shrugs*

I feel you 100%. It bugs my nerves to, but when I take a look at the family most of the time I realize why they are cutting up. They could have been shedding tears over a body, or looking at the child in a orange jump suit, but instead they saw them do something good with there life.

:nod: I'm sure some of the teachers probably wanted to shout as well for students that FINALLY graduated as they had been praying they would hurry up and graduate some day. It's always great to applaud one's victory after they've struggled.

That's good for the fothermuckas. They should keep the damn diplomas. Just ignorant bullshat carrying on like fools. A few weeks ago my wife graduated grad school at McNeese. I hadn't been to a college graduation since she finished undergrad at Grambling. The two graduations were so different. At Grambling it was a quiet dignified graduation. People held their applause until the end. IMHO, that's the way it should be. But at McNeese those backwards arse rednecks (very few blacks) were screaming and blowing bullhorns like they were at a football game. Because of all this carrying on you could not hear the next person's name called which was really unfair to those who had worked hard for their degrees. I had a bad headache leaving that big barn (Burton Coliseum). The next person graduating from their will be shat out of luck if they expect me to attend their graduation 'cause it isn't going to happen. So again too bad so sad, fuggras.

That's good for the fothermuckas. They should keep the damn diplomas. Just ignorant bullshat carrying on like fools. A few weeks ago my wife graduated grad school at McNeese. I hadn't been to a college graduation since she finished undergrad at Grambling. The two graduations were so different. At Grambling it was a quiet dignified graduation. People held their applause until the end. IMHO, that's the way it should be. But at McNeese those backwards arse rednecks (very few blacks) were screaming and blowing bullhorns like they were at a football game. Because of all this carrying on you could not hear the next person's name called which was really unfair to those who had worked hard for their degrees. I had a bad headache leaving that big barn (Burton Coliseum). The next person graduating from their will be shat out of luck if they expect me to attend their graduation 'cause it isn't going to happen. So again too bad so sad, fuggras.

Damn! :what: I do understand though. lol:tup:

why do you even give a fucc? i aint sayin nothing that's no different from anyone else in this thread. i can count on my right hand the graduations i've been to, and 2 of them were my own, neither diploma was taken or held. you are the only somebody in this thread crying over the situation. bottom line, the students should not be penalized for what someone in the audience is doing. i'm speaking on a perspective if it was my diploma being held, not as a spectator. get a grip please.
And you are the only person who insulted me for my opinion!! I did not accost you. You have a right to your opinion as I do. Even if yours is wrong. YOU NEED TO GET A GRIP.
And when you finish, all that ignorance when a name is announced is stupid. If you are guilty of doing that then you make the conslusions.

Co-sign to all that up there ^^^
That's a dayum shame. I could see if they brought cowbells/bullhorns as they are very loud and could have interrupted the hearing of others as Ive witnessed some folks family in the past.
Loyal, THEY DO!!!! Cowbells, air horns, etc. The kids lie on the floor and snake across the stage, they turn flips, they shout, run, and the families in the audience cheer them on.

I do not give a damn what their struggle has been they do not have the right to interferr with the rights of others. They should not teach their children to act stupid in public. They should not HAVE to be seen.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
:goof: :lol:

Thank you. We will do anything to justify how stupid we act and then can not understand why whites move out when we move in.
I am not judging you if I see you acting stupid and say that you are acting stupid.

And you are the only person who insulted me for my opinion!! I did not accost you. You have a right to your opinion as I do. Even if yours is wrong. YOU NEED TO GET A GRIP.
And when you finish, all that ignorance when a name is announced is stupid. If you are guilty of doing that then you make the conslusions.

mu fucca you came in dis batch and quoted me! how the hell did i insult your opinion if i don't even give a damn what you talkin bout. you addressed my opinion with a question and i gave you an answer, if you didn't/don't like it keep it pushin...

mu fucca you came in dis batch and quoted me! how the hell did i insult your opinion if i don't even give a damn what you talkin bout. you addressed my opinion with a question and i gave you an answer, if you didn't/don't like it keep it pushin...
God bless you

I do not give a damn what their struggle has been they do not have the right to interferr with the rights of others. They should not teach their children to act stupid in public. They should not HAVE to be seen.

Wow!! Aren't you a teacher? :smh: Once again I will say every man has their own personal struggles. It?s not your place to judge others. Just because you have made it in life or come from a so called good family you don?t know what it took for those kids to get where they are. Just thank God you didn?t have to go thru their struggles!!!!! Every man or woman has a different story to tell. Some of these kids are forced to become adults before they turn 10. Get off of them and be glad they made it.

By the way Chicago School system lost 28 kids to viloence this year. I'm sure those parents would give anything to yell or act a fool to see their kids graduate!!!!! Be glad and pray that you got or get a chance to see yours make it.

Wow!! Aren't you a teacher? :smh: Once again I will say every man has their own personal struggles. It?s not your place to judge others. Just because you have made it in life or come from a so called good family you don?t know what it took for those kids to get where they are. Just thank God you didn?t have to go thru their struggles!!!!! Every man or woman has a different story to tell. Some of these kids are forced to become adults before they turn 10. Get off of them and be glad they made it.

Cee, u wasting your time. i'm still tryna figure out what kids were acting stupid in public? the article is about the parents/friends in the audience being loud, not the students graduating.

This is so stupid...I do know some of us can act a fool in public sometimes, but damn, the kids graduating have nothing to do with what folks in the audience do. Don't penalize them for others' actions...give them their piece of paper...they did earn it, ya know. :smh:

Gramfan, that post was funny as hell. :lmao:

I don't know what the hell ya'll are doing/seeing at the graduation y'all are attending but yelling for your relative should not even be entertained as grounds for keeping a diploma. Folks in administration with this type of Gestapo attitude need to consider another line of work. They cannot be effective and are obviously frustrated as hell and should avoid children since their attitude is not positive.

Fucc their struggles? I say fucc the anal retentive mothas that can't understand/forgot how it felt to make such an accomplishment. Just because you want to sit there and not let your Little Johnny/Jenny know you are proud as heck don't mean I don't want to.

Heck, I've got $20 on the lawyers fees pot.

Back