If Tim McVeigh Was Black Would We Have Been Up in Arms Over His Execution?

If Timothy McVeigh Was Black Would

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It does not matter what color his skin WAS, what he did was
WRONG!!!
Many African Americans died as a result of his hatred of the government. And many more of their families and friends are now left to remember his dastardly actions.
JUST MY OPINION, THOUGH.

Grazioso, I agree

And at the same time, I think that if McVeigh was black, there would have been more outrage by the public and the media. (as far as the bombing)

You guys totally avoided my question though.

Let me ask again; IF MCVEIGH HAD BEEN BLACK, WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE REACTION TO HIS EXECUTION FROM THE BLACK COMMUNITY AND BLACK POLITICIANS????????????????? As things stand, the blakc community and politicians where nowhere to be found on the McVeigh situation, but I wonder where we would have stood if McVeigh would have been black. I have posed this questions to all my friends, especially in light of all the conservative talk shows who sound almost verbatim like the black community sounded during the O.J. trial; aka, "how could one man have done that by himself?!", "he's being used as a scapegoat and taking the fall in a coverup.", "He is being framed.". Just give me an up or down vote.

Well I can't speak for the rest of the Black community, but I know what my reaction would have been:

FRY HIS AZZ

Like Grazioso said, "many African Americans died as a result of his hatred of the government." Sorry, but I cannot defend that, I don't care what color he is(was).

In OJ's trial, there was reasonable doubt and the prosecution did not prove their case. McVeigh admitted that he did it, said there was no other person yet to come forth, was very smug, arrogant and felt justified in his actions. Therefore, in my opinion, the punishment fit the crime regardless of race. I also think if McVeigh would have been Black, it would have been political suicide if a politician or black leader would have tried to convince our race of anything otherwise.

Originally posted by LMBH
In OJ's trial, there was reasonable doubt and the prosecution did not prove their case. McVeigh admitted that he did it, said there was no other person yet to come forth, was very smug, arrogant and felt justified in his actions. Therefore, in my opinion, the punishment fit the crime regardless of race. I also think if McVeigh would have been Black, it would have been political suicide if a politician or black leader would have tried to convince our race of anything otherwise.

No more really needs to be said behind this. Man admitted his guilt and never changed that story.

Anybody wanting to claim some conspiracy theory can go right ahead. McVeigh could have done that by himself, just like OJ could have killed them two by himself. Whether they did, I don't know. But they could have.

If he was black, we would not have had any other choice but to get involved. Media would have made it a black and white issue. Our so called black leaders would have taken the wrong position as usual. Most of you know that a black man would not been able to pull this off. Let a person of color in this country try to purchase those type of supplies. The FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF, and NASA would know about it.

What the black community should be up in arms about, is lack of a profile for the biggest threat to this country and the world. When the bombing first happen, they were looking for Arabs, not a redneck. How many school shooting will take place before there is a profile?

SCREW HE!!

Tim McVeigh could have been a green woman swarthed in the mighty CRIMSON AND CREAM ... that monster killed CHILDREN and showed no REMORSE ... and I STILL SAY he got off too damned easy!

While I am not normally a supporter of the death penalty, Timothy McVeigh was ...unbelievable. This man took liveS...
He admitted it. No matter what I feel, I know that Tim will get his JUST reward! :redhot:

Well personally, I think McVeigh got off too easily. If it were a black person I think they would have fried his @zz a long time ago.

I also think that if he were black we would have heard something from the black community/politicians just because. Deep down, regardless of the crime, a lot of us hate to see another brother fried by the system. It's sad, but true.

I don't think McVeigh was smart enough to blow a big arse building up by himself. He probably was involved with a terrorist system and by him being executed all of his secrets died with him. But i think if he was black there would not have been any debate about whether or not the white folks would have fried him.

Originally posted by Ice Man
If he was black, we would not have had any other choice but to get involved. Media would have made it a black and white issue. Our so called black leaders would have taken the wrong position as usual. Most of you know that a black man would not been able to pull this off. Let a person of color in this country try to purchase those type of supplies. The FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF, and NASA would know about it.

What the black community should be up in arms about, is lack of a profile for the biggest threat to this country and the world. When the bombing first happen, they were looking for Arabs, not a redneck. How many school shooting will take place before there is a profile?

AMEN!

Man please...

What's wrong is what's wrong..B;lack folks would have given no more remorse than than if he was white.

Jessie & Sharpton.

I sure wish Jessie & Sharpton would weigh in on this question.

There are elements in this country that attempted to explain away McVeigh. It's amazing to me how generally the sides flip-flop depending on who is under the gun. Just like that lady in SC and now this lady in Houston. These ladies should get the electric chair without question. I don't want to hear all this; "it's better to make them live with what they done". Why come, then, it ain't better to let those mythical black guys who CAR jacked her live with their consequences if they had been real and got caught??????????????????????????? please. The lady in Houston probably won't get the needle, but then again, Texas is pretty brutal.

isn't ol Rev. Sharpton in prison on an army base or something?

i believe that lethal injection was tooo easy a punishment. they should have let at least one family member of the deceased and a victim cane his arse. like one of dem Rocky's...."if he dies, he dies!"

Sad but true. If he was black, we would do like we always do. Yeah, we say we don't care what his color was, Kwiesi and Al would have been there knocking down the doors.

Back