If there isn't a football season, will they still keep their scholarships?

pvdogteam

Who ya rootin' for? PVU
I was wondering if the Seniors can finish their year if they don't have a football season, has anyone heard anything?

They haven’t got to that point yet.

No, they have not got to that point yet. But the question was, what would happen if we do reach that point? Well, the Clemsons, the Ohio States, Alabamas, of this country, have made millions of dollars off these young men, now is the time for them to give back. And even the kids from the smaller programs, should keep their scholarships. It is going to be tougher on the smaller programs, I understand that. Just my opinion folks.

AAC Preps Contingencies To Address College Football Unknowns

AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco said the conference is "planning for the unknown" in the event the upcoming football season is affected by the coronavirus pandemic, according to Joseph Duarte of the HOUSTON CHRONICLE.

" Duarte notes many around college football "believe a decision on an initial timeline for the football season would need to come by June."

……….."echoed those of Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby and others recently." Bowlsby said that games played without fans or an abbreviated or canceled football season were "all on the table in his conference because epidemiologists have not yet been able to rule out the potential of a COVID-19 'reoccurrence'" (HOUSTON CHRONICLE, 3/31).

AAC Preps Contingencies To Address College Football Unknowns

AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco said the conference is "planning for the unknown" in the event the upcoming football season is affected by the coronavirus pandemic, according to Joseph Duarte of the HOUSTON CHRONICLE.

" Duarte notes many around college football "believe a decision on an initial timeline for the football season would need to come by June."

……….."echoed those of Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby and others recently." Bowlsby said that games played without fans or an abbreviated or canceled football season were "all on the table in his conference because epidemiologists have not yet been able to rule out the potential of a COVID-19 'reoccurrence'" (HOUSTON CHRONICLE, 3/31).

That's what concerns me is the recurrence in the Fall, seems a very likely scenario to me

Back