If the Swac goes to a Conference only Football Schedule

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Going over everyone's football schedule the Swac could move these games to common open dates left and move the schedule back a few weeks to start on Sept 26, 2020.

I just posted games that could be moved with the rest of the schools schedule dates left in tack with the 8 game conference schedule

Oct 17
MVSU at Alcorn St (moved from Sept 19)

Oct 24
Txs Southern at Prairie View A&M (moved from Sept 5)

Nov 21
Southern at AAMU (moved from Sept 19)

Going over everyone's football schedule the Swac could move these games to common open dates left and move the schedule back a few weeks to start on Sept 26, 2020.

I just posted games that could be moved with the rest of the schools schedule dates left in tack with the 8 game conference schedule

Oct 17

Oct 24

Nov 21

That last game only happens if the SEC decides to go with a conference only schedule. As of now, Alabama A&M is slated to play Mississippi State on November 21st in Starkville.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That last game only happens if the SEC decides to go with a conference only schedule. As of now, Alabama A&M is slated to play Mississippi State on November 21st in Starkville.

Not really because how do you think these other conferences are dictating it, but it's gonna happen

Oct 17

Oct 24

Nov 21

Make sense at the Commish talked about Oct 17 as the drop dead date to begin football in the fall.

Not really because how do you think these other conferences are dictating it, but it's gonna happen

I wonder if there’s some sort of penalty depending on who cancels the game. Perhaps this is covered via an act of God clause. If there are any financial ramifications, I’d let them break the contract.

Make sense at the Commish talked about Oct 17 as the drop dead date to begin football in the fall.

I wonder if there’s some sort of penalty depending on who cancels the game. Perhaps this is covered via an act of God clause. If there are any financial ramifications, I’d let them break the contract.

That is the problem. These out of conference games are contracts. They just can't be cancelled by one party without penalty unless a contractual provision allows it. An Act of God basis for cancellation would not be viable in this circumstance because that basis would require a showing that it is impossible to comply with the contract. You can't play a conference game one week and claim that you can't play a non-conference the next week under the same circumstance. The team would have to pay the guarantee to the non-conference team unless there was a mutual agreement to cancel or postpone the game to a later date. My suspicion is that these power conferences understand this and plans to add the extra conference game to raise the guarantee money that would be paid to the non-conference teams.

Playing just conference games makes no sense unless it is done to maximize the chances for the playoffs, if the games are played. Players can get infected playing conference or non-conference games.

If it is just home and home games, the team can cancel it's game this year and just still give the non-conference team it's game next year.

Last edited:
Back