If The Presidential Election Was Held Today.......

Who Would You Vote For?

• Colin Powell

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Jesse Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'd vote for Hillary.....she seemed to have done a pretty good job before with the last two consecutive terms.

Re: I'd do what I did in the last election....

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman
I'd root for God to deliver us from all the politics!
I second that.....Amen:D ,but if those are the only choices I'd have to say Colin Powell.

I hate to say this, but on tha kool, Hillary seems to be the best equipped to handle the job.....at the present time. Don't get me wrong I think that Colin and Jesse would do a great job as well. but I still feel that Jesse has to many self-image issues to overcome (no, I'm not talking about the affair thing). I'm talking personalitywise. In Colin's case, I don't think that he would get the political backing that either of the others would get (I'm not sure what make me belive that, but oh well).

Originally posted by sweetnupe_6
In Colin's case, I don't think that he would get the political backing that either of the others would get (I'm not sure what make me belive that, but oh well).

He doesn't has the backing of the present adminstration party elite. Instead of being proactive in his present position, b/c of dubya he has to be reactive. In other words, he's not his own man but just a servant of the right wing conservatives. :lmao:

Jesse Jackson will get elected to President before Hillary Clinton will. Sad to say, but women traditionally women don't vote for other women. It's just the nature of the beast. Women currently make up 52% of the voting populace, but traditionally don't vote for other women. It's just the truth, I would'nt vote for Hillary as Dog Catcher. And that's not the Republican in me talking. She is too far to the Left as was Bob Dole to far to the Right, traditionally Bill Clinton and Colin Powell were damn near close in their views as being Moderate. Im the biggest Clinton basher out there, but I will assume seperate identities to vote as many times as I could against Hillary Clinton.
1014320804.jpg

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
Jesse Jackson will get elected to President before Hillary Clinton will.

Man, get real. You're the one always talking about us making up 12% of the population and even less of the voting population.

Also, how do you explain Hillary's election and the many other women in Congress, if "women don't vote for other women". Certainly, you don't think the good ole boys are putting these women in office.

I don't agree with you Makaho

Women do vote for other women and will support a woman over a man. Why? I'm glad you asked....b/c we can relate to each other and we tend the view issues similarly....plus we like the simple fact that one of us is representing. It's you men that hate to see a woman in an authoritative type position. The good ole boys of congress won't ever vote a woman in office.

Bull****. women that are elected to congress are elected primarily by Men. And women traditionally have a distrust of other women in the government. And Hillary aint my choice for anything. Now if Harriet Tubman, Mary McLeod Bethune or Margaret Thatcher would run for anything I would support them, depending on who they run against. And WE are only 12% of this country, with 25% of that as active voters....so that equates to about a 3% voting base nationally. The 52% I was talking about is White/Black/Hispanic/Asian/Other in this country.

Man, does anybody on this forum research voting statistics in this country ??? And what did Hillary do for the past 8 years other than "Stand by her Man" and ride his coat tails. If that is the standard then Jessie Jackson's wife should recieve a Nobel Prize for perserveance.:mad:

And Jag, the good ole boys in congress can't vote a woman to ISHT, the voters do that, which is why we have a checks and balance form of Govt.
Man, give some of what ya'll been drankin!!!

Makaho,

You are biased when it comes to the "Clintons". You wouldn't have anything positive to say about Hillary anyway.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Makaho,
Dude, you're contradicting yourself so much I think you might be the one drankin!!!!

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
Women currently make up 52% of the voting populace, but traditionally don't vote for other women.
You say that over half the voters are women, but the women in Congress were elected "primarily by Men". :confused:

And how could Hillary or any woman win an election when "52% of the voting populace traditionally won't vote" for them?

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Makaho,
Dude, you're contradicting yourself so much I think you might be the one drankin!!!!

You say that over half the voters are women, but the women in Congress were elected "primarily by Men". :confused:

And how could Hillary or any woman win an election when "52% of the voting populace traditionally won't vote" for them?

MH, the majority of people in this country are women. Every election depending on who's running has a variable voting percentage. Not everybody that is registered to vote, votes in every election. For example, I know people that registered to vote when they were 18...they are 33 now and you can count the number of elections they have voted to on one hand. So that means that every election is variable, which is why candidates try to stimulate voters to go out and exercise the process. Just research some stats, I don't have time to break it down to you in this forum. But any woman that runs for an election and wins an election it is due to the male influence. L, "I" know women who vote based on who their husbands or boyfriends vote for. Go to a family reunion and ask around, I hear more couples say WE voted for whomever, than coulples having divergent voting habits. I could post stats, but you would probably dispute the source.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
MB,

You tickle me with your assumptions and generalities.
:D

Huh?

MH, I assume you know how to do a net search or basic research on a particular. Just do a key word search on voting statistics, women voting stats or Census bureau stats and you will see for yourself.

- Among citizens, women were significantly more likely than men to have voted in the 1996 presidential election (60 percent versus 57 percent). In 1984, women's voting rates in presidential elections surpassed those of men for the first time since the Census Bureau began collecting voting data in 1964. Women's voting rates have been higher than men's ever since.

Click here -------->Some Data

MB,
You're missing my point. Of course, women vote in larger numbers than men. I'm trying to see how you can say "women traditionally don't vote for other women" or "any woman ever elected to a position is because of the male influence.
NO candidate gets 100% vote of any gender, so its more than a stretch to ASSUME that because a female candidate receives votes from male voters, she would win because of a male influence.

Hornet, statistacally men are more likely "percentage wise" to vote for a qualified female candidate than women are. Let's just be honest, a lot of women to a certain degree are more judgemental of other women than their male counterparts. For example, just look at the work place. To tell you the truth, if women got together and voted in Mass, they could put anybody in office they wanted to in any region and at any level.
But just look at some of these older traditional couples, especially in rural areas...the women vote for whoever their husbands vote for. It's just cultural, I guess.

Back