IBM DB2 ODBC Driver

kbSU89

Help Please

I have a db2 database as my back-end RDBMS. I am using a software to connect to it.

I get this error

Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

I recently installed the DB2 software. I thought the correct driver files are installed when the software installs

Thanks

Answer ASAP

Babe, hate to allude to this but <b>anything</b> ol' big blue throws out will have version incompatibility issue(s). :|

U may have to research this one (if not w/ big blue themselves, w/ some DB2 think tanks) to ensure that you have the correct/right ODBC drivers in place. :|

Almost sounds like you're not setting 'default' props correctly in your ODBC client. :confused: Is an ini or default enviro 411 being set accordingly? <------(that's where I'd start-sounds like that could be the issue)

Sounds like you need to set up your DSN to point to the database.

Start >> Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Data Sources (ODBC)

Click Add, select your driver and set it up.

Venom Skywalker said:
Sounds like you need to set up your DSN to point to the database.

Start >> Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Data Sources (ODBC)

Click Add, select your driver and set it up.

I tried that but I can't see the correct driver file that is needed. The driver needs to be IBM DB2 ODBC Driver.

I am the DBA for this and I will be configuring DB2 on about 22 other pc. Those pc only need configuration assistant and not the complete db2 software.
I may try to do a complete install.

Should drivers files automatically be installed when the software installs?

Thanks P' and V' for your help

I used to use an ODBC driver called "Shadow Direct" to connect to a DB2 backend. I guess you will have to search google to see where to download the dirver.

89comSUgrad said:
I tried that but I can't see the correct driver file that is needed. The driver needs to be IBM DB2 ODBC Driver.

I am the DBA for this and I will be configuring DB2 on about 22 other pc. Those pc only need configuration assistant and not the complete db2 software.
I may try to do a complete install.

Should drivers files automatically be installed when the software installs?

Thanks P' and V' for your help

K, I've only used the "pure" ODBC clients (customized developed client-type software by me or others) where either inis where used or env 411 had to be set. The correct drivers were always available, unfortunately. Sorry couldn't help more. Hope that I helped somewhat. :)

Thanks to all of you

I did a complete install of the software instead of a custome install and it got the driver installed.

I may have turned something off that should have been installed when I did the custom install :dizzy:

Back