I work with some As*Holes

JSU*Toi

Out of the 15 people I asked to vote only 4 of them are going to vote. I mean they are the most sorriest SOB I have ever met....:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

I hate nonvoters. Especially us black folks.

As much struggles, embarrassment, and beatings our parents and grandparents endured just for the right to vote and a whole lotta of us just sit on our arse and not vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :mad: :mad:

And the nonvoters are the main ones complaining all the damn time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, I especially hate the educated folks who don't vote!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :redhot: :redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yeah that's some sad isht, I wish they could see some of the ole school videos by Sistah Souljah! That might inspire these knukleheads.

I can let y'all know that Toi is going Sistah Souljah on everybody in here. I don't think they were ready for her at 8am.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
I hate nonvoters. Especially us black folks.
As much struggles, embarrassment, and beatings our parents and grandparents endured just for the right to vote and a whole lotta of us just sit on our arse and not vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No excuse at all for a black person in America not voting...if u don't and never do.... u r sorry and lame as "L" :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Originally posted by mighty hornet
:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :mad: :mad:

And the nonvoters are the main ones complaining all the damn time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :redhot: :redhot:

YES YES YES.

I mean it's not like it takes alot out of folks to just get up and GO VOTE!

JSTUS, I like that signature! :D

SOB

Man....

I swear I am going to fight someone today.... I am going to sell tickets to the arse whooping that I am about to put on one of my co-workes... This crap makes me so damn mad... I don't freaking understand. If I hear one more stupid ass reason for someone not voting I swear I am busting someone's head to the white meat:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

The sad thing is, some will stand in line for 2 hours to get in a club, but can't stand in line for 5 minutes to cast a vote. Hell, if your voting district is in a black neighborhood, chances are there will be no line.

NICE

Its so easy to vote I mean dayum there are absentee ballots. I was in Texas last year and we ran across a poll tax receipt at my Granparents house, that just blew me away. I am dayum sure gonna vote, we have some serious issues in Cali and every state that need our votes. If someone is not going to vote they need to keep that isht to themselves, that certainly is nothing to "brag" about. :(

IM 19

but i dont think ill ever vote...being honest

politics dont intrest me...then hlaf of these politicians dont do anything but make campaigne promises...so i dont really care to vote for anyone. im not even registered

i never watch debates..and stuff like that..well thats just me

jsu toi please dont hurt me:)

but why do u want to get all out of order with folks because they dont vote or got the testicular fortitude to say they dont?.....drop some knowledge

Originally posted by jaguar-chitown
IM 19

politics dont intrest me...then hlaf of these politicians dont do anything but make campaigne promises...so i dont really care to vote for anyone. im not even registered

but why do u want to get all out of order with folks because they dont vote or got the testicular fortitude to say they dont?.....drop some knowledge

Sweety, I am from chicago and belive me any place you need to vote is in Chicago. Do you remember Harold Washington, the 1st black mayor Chicago ever had? Well if you are too young you need to look it up. You mean to tell me you are cool with the way the Dailey family run the city? You are cool with letting someone else tell you what and how to live your life. Do you know what people did so you could have a voice? Do you even care?

Originally posted by JSU*Toi
Do you know what people did so you could have a voice? Do you even care?

That is the very reason why I vote. :nod:

I once felt the way jaguar-chitown did some years ago.........until I read some articles on what our ancestors went through just to be counted........I'm talking black folks getting lynched and shot just for even attempting to walk into the polls. :smh:

IM 19

Chitown,

As others have stated, we lost to many ancestors trying to vote and here you are, throwing you opportunity to have a say in the way your community, state and country is managed.

There are people all over this world STILL dying for the chance to have the right to vote in a democratic society. (see Iraq)

Jaguar Chitown,

I remember when I was a kid, the phone would ring and I would answer it. On the other end I would hear,"Tell your mommy and your daddy that y'all ni**az bet not vote or they gonna get killed!

As I got older, I wondered how did those callers Know what house to call. I came to the conclusion that there must have been some kkk members in the phone company.

Brothers who were Viet-Nam vets schooled this rebelious 18 year old in 1975, telling me that the ballots are the BULLETS. A real revolution involves bloodshed. Execercising your right to vote replaces the m-16's,the grenades and tanks that are used to make a transition to power.

Do you want to see death, homes blown up, your female relatives raped, your older male relatives shot, executed in front of you? Well this happened in Sarajevo not even 10 years ago, because some groups did not have the right to vote.

It's one thing a white guy told me while I was in the Navy, is that Black people don't know the meaning of POWER.

He told the truth, the majority of us black folk don't have a clue what POWER really is. THERE IS ALWAYS POWER IN NUMBERS, you can't slack up just because you think your buddies going to take up the slack.

Jaguar Chitown, since George Bush is in office, a lot of black colleges are having financial trouble,the latest now is Philander Smith here in Little Rock.Firs it was Grambling, then Morris Brown.

Man go shoot some bullets today!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by pbla

Jaguar Chitown, since George Bush is in office, a lot of black colleges are having financial trouble,the latest now is Philander Smith here in Little Rock.Firs it was Grambling, then Morris Brown.

I agree with everything you post except this statement. I'm not a Bush fan, but I can't blame the problems at Grambling or Morris Brown on Bush. Our problem, at GSU, has more to do with poor record keeping.

This is more than sad

IM 19

politics dont intrest me...then hlaf of these politicians dont do anything but make campaigne promises...so i dont really care to vote

Maybe it's cause you're from the north or just youth but it's clear that u don't realize how many people you're slapping in the face...and how hard you're doing it. Even at 19, I KNOW you've seen the old b&W films from the 60s, vistited a museum or talked w/your older relatives. If you can say this after seeing/hearing all that.... God help you.

You couldn't live in my dad's house and not vote. Even when I went to J-State, he'd hound my ass when I went home for a weekend to vote absentee. "Robber, you know you gone be at school next election. You better go on down to the circuit clerk's office and cast your absentee ballot." Mess around and don't vote, and he find out, it would be on.

Willie didn't play that.

jaguar-diehard,

Voting is your opportunity to effect change. You shouldn't piss it away. Keep an eye on your governmental leaders. Assess their performance. Then decide if they deserve to remain in office. Your vote counts. Register and vote. When you don't vote, you allow those who'll do you more harm than good into office.

You think white folks fought so hard to keep us from voting for nothing??? They know the importance of elections. They didn't do that for nothing. You just have to realize the power of voting.

IM 19

Then I suspect you'll also be keeping your mouth shut when the govt. you chose to take no part in forming drafts your young, perfectly healthy self to go fight their wars (if need be), or legislate some law into effect that you find to be as asinine, as repugnant, and as SAD as I find people who don't think they "need" to vote.

MORE POWER TO YA!!

FAB5

Posted by FAB5
Maybe it's cause you're from the north or just youth but it's clear that u don't realize how many people you're slapping in the face...and how hard you're doing it. Even at 19, I KNOW you've seen the old b&W films from the 60s, vistited a museum or talked w/your older relatives. If you can say this after seeing/hearing all that.... God help you.

Now what does being from the North have to do this?? I am from the North, and I exercise my right to vote,every chance that I get because I know I am taking advantage of the right my ancestors fought and shed blood for. As a matter of fact I sent in my absentee ballot just last Monday Oct. 29th. I understand the point you are making but why stereotype people from the North like that?? :mad:

Re: FAB5

Originally posted by Dirty Harry

Now what does being from the North have to do this?? I understand the point you are making but why stereotype people from the North like that?? :mad:

There was no stereotype intented or implied. What I meant was in the south (specifically here in Montgomery) we see and walk by everyday the history that you all in read about in the north (Dexter Ave. Church, spot where Rosa was arrested, Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, etc.). Those constant reminders are enough to honor those people who gave up so much for our people.

To bottom line it...if you are exposed to these things and places and have talked to people who were actually there, it inspires you moreso to vote than those who may not have been as fortunate. (youngsters from the north).

To bottom line it...if you are exposed to these things and places and have talked to people who were actually there, it inspires you moreso to vote than those who may not have been as fortunate. (youngsters from the north).

Ok I fully understand your point now, and yes those would be reminders to get me to vote(which I did anyway, absentee ballot)I thought you were trying to say that people from the north just don't seem to care about their history, which you and I know is total B.S.
But no hard feelings FAB5 :)

Originally posted by FAB5

I hear what you are saying, but keep in mind that a lot of us that were born and raised out West or up North have parents or grandparents that moved from the South. My mother grew up in a small town in Louisiana during segregation and moved to California after college. She, as well as many others from the South, told me how things were in her neck of the woods growing up and what they had to overcome. Don't think that just because a person isn't in the South that they have no knowledge of what our people went through. I am sure that seeing historical landmarks would serve as a reminder, but I would venture to guess that there are still some people in Alabama or other states in the South that never took the time to find out the significance of some of them.

As far as the young man that doesn't vote and others like him, it is assholes like him that are the reason why Georgia has its first Republican Governor since Reconstruction and why we may possibly see a return of the stars and bars as part of the state flag. Trust me, there are just as many apathetic youth and adults here in GA as there are anywhere else.

Back