I told Tyrone not to take that job at Notre Dame.

LaMont

The Tyrone watch has started. Notre Dame forums on football have moved BEYOND whether Tyrone should be fired and ONTO who will be the next coach.

I told you that this was going to be his last season in South Bendover. Maybe Tyrone will take the JSU job?

Notre Dame football fans are delusional. Those days of dominance are over! If UCLA basketball fans finally realized that in these days having a dynasty are over, then the Notre Dame fans should get over it too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The real questions becomes where do the Big Time Donating Alums and Administration seat on this issue. The fire coach is similar to head coaches currently at Florida and Texas, but in both cases. The Big Time Donating Alums and Administration that make the call are solidly behind their coach and it makes little difference at this time for the average disgruntle fan whom may want him fired. I will have to take a little closer look to view what is the word on the Big Time Donating Alums and Administration. Last, I heard they where solidly behind him.

pbla said:
Notre Dame football fans are delusional. Those days of dominance are over! If UCLA basketball fans finally realized that in these days having a dynasty are over, then the Notre Dame fans should get over it too.

I am cosigning this too.

I see it like this. UCLA will win a national championship in hoops before Notre Dame will get to the BCS championship game.

EB said:
I am cosigning this too.

I see it like this. UCLA will win a national championship in hoops before Notre Dame will get to the BCS championship game.

Notre Dame already have. They played Oregeon St. in the Fiesta Bowl in 2001.

I'm sure they'll get rid of Tyrone after this season. I wonder if he'd be interested in coaching at any particular school in the SWAC west division???

EB said:
I am cosigning this too.

Speaking of UCLA (in football), if Karl Dorrell doesn't step up, his ass will be out too by the end of the year. They already have a replacement in mind....

Steve Spurrier

The only way Willingham will be fired this year is if he is WINLESS . . . or if he wins four games or less AND Steve Spurrier starts showing interest in the job.

Notre Dame's luster is starting to fade. ESPN was set to take their Gameday Show to South Bend this weekend. Well they have had a change in plans and will now go to the UGA/South Carolina game.

Deuce,

If Spurrier is going to have it his way, he would rather stay in warmer climate and play a lot of golf during the offseason. He makes no bones about it either.

S.O.G.,

I agree with you, and I'm well aware of Spurrier's penchant for warm weather and golf. But pretty soon, someone as competitive as Spurrier will want to get back into the game.

It appears as if he's through with the NFL, and there are only so many tier 1 college jobs around these days, and as far as prestige goes, you still can't do any better than Notre Dame.

Personally, I hope Willingham wins the rest of his games and the National Championship, but that's unlikely. I just won't be too surprised to see Spurrier in South Bend, if Willingham falters.

EyEoFtHeTiGeR said:
Notre Dame already have. They played Oregeon St. in the Fiesta Bowl in 2001.

I believe that year was when Nebraska played Miami in the Rose Bowl for the championship. ND got a controversial at-large bid and got whipped by OSU.

SAME OLD G said:
Speaking of UCLA (in football), if Karl Dorrell doesn't step up, his ass will be out too by the end of the year. They already have a replacement in mind....

Steve Spurrier

I do not know about Spurrier going to Westwood. But you are so correct about Dorrell. It was not that long ago that UCLA won 20 games in a row. People have long memories.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back