I Need Help Asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JSU*Toi

I just found out that my identity was stolen. I have filed a police report ( they are not any help) but I don't know what I should do from there to get this taken care of. They have all my information my ss, mother's maiden name the whole nine. This is really getting too me. :bawling:

Does anybody know any way I can get this taken care of ASAP.

I even had to change my banking account information because they have that information.

and I only found out this crap was going on becasue I was tring to buy a car. :confused: :confused: :confused:

You did right about filing a police report. Call all your creditors and fill them in and see if you need to change those account numbers. Also you need to get a copy of your credit report and see if things are on there that you didn't get. Then let the various Credit Bureaus know in writing. Trans Union and Equifax are the most used ones. By me having a common name I have had some issues with that as well. Just stay on top of it. I wish you luck.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not only that, but get intouch with the SS Office. Let them know what is going on and that you will need a new SSN. They should be able to help you too.

Sorry to hear that. Dayum fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!:redhot: :redhot:

This is from the equifax website
here is the URL for you visit. www.econsumer.equifax.com

What should I do if I become a victim of identity theft?
Taking quick action can help overcome some of the difficulties caused by identity theft.

Here are the steps to take immediately should you become a victim:

Contact the fraud division of the three credit reporting agencies to let them know you have been a victim of identity theft.
Equifax: 800-525-6285
Experian: 888-397-3742
Trans Union: 800-680-7289
Request they place a "fraud alert" on your file. This alert will warn lenders to be especially careful in authenticating identity of anyone claiming to be you. It will mean that you cannot open instant credit, for example, at a retail store. But that is a minor inconvenience in light of the damage identity theft can do.
File a report with your local police department and make sure to get a copy.
Contact each credit grantor who has allowed a fraudulent account and tell them you did not open that account. Have them close these accounts. If you open new accounts, make sure to place a password on the account.
Call the Identity Theft Toll-Free Hotline at 1-877-IDTHEFT (1-877-438-4338). This is the central point of contact within the federal government for reporting incidents of identity theft.
Document all these contacts with dates, names and phone numbers for your records.
Utilize this helpful form-FTC ID Theft Affidavit (PDF File).

Need Acrobat Reader for PDF files?
Additional Resources
For additional information or resources that can assist with Identity Theft, visit the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse online at www.privacyrights.org, or the Federal Trade Commission online at www.ftc.gov.

I am so sorry to here about this. They also have some tips on how to protect yourself from this.

I halfway feel your pain ...

When our house was broken into, I was concerned about that, because not just my SSN, but my children's were in my wallet.

Obviously these were either young people or I-dots, because when my wallet was recovered, all that stuff was in there.

I know it can be a headache, but stay on top of it. These days they can find and prosecute those arseholes.

Good luck!

Additionally...

Originally posted by JR
You did right about filing a police report. Call all your creditors and fill them in and see if you need to change those account numbers. Also you need to get a copy of your credit report and see if things are on there that you didn't get. Then let the various Credit Bureaus know in writing. Trans Union and Equifax are the most used ones. By me having a common name I have had some issues with that as well. Just stay on top of it. I wish you luck.

Execute an affidavit that disavows knowledge of all the accounts and verifying what your signature is. Request from the creditors where the fraudlent accounts are to send you the applications, if written, to show that is not your signature. If accounts were opened online or via phone, still get copies of the paperwork. The affidavit also needs to make the declaration of all your previous and present addresses and telephone numbers and email addresses too. Attach all the paperwork from the fraudlent accounts to the affidavit. Submit this to the credit bureau so that it will be attached to your credit file. Also keep a copy so that you can present it to any new creditors you are trying to get, especially for mortgage underwriters. It will provided explanation and clear you for lending.

This happens all the time so don't freak out. You have to just be very aggressive to restore YOUR name and credit history. It is a hassle and takes a long time, so be patient.

The credit bureaus are usually helpful and provide consultation and assistance when this happens. Go to them, sit down with ALL of your credit history, residential history, employment history, etc. anything that will distinguish you from the gott dayum criminal who stole yo shiet!

Godspeed!

Some of your creditors may want to give you some static assuming you are trying to get out of some debts. Get hardnose with them. Don't take no for an answer.

Thanks You all

This is crazy, I am really going to have to act up on some of these creditors. I called Kohls and spoke to one person and I was about to kill her over the phone. She was so rude. I could not believe it. :smh:

Re: Thanks You all

Originally posted by SexyASSJSU*ATL
This is crazy, I am really going to have to act up on some of these creditors. I called Kohls and spoke to one person and I was about to kill her over the phone. She was so rude. I could not believe it. :smh:

You might need to retain an attorney who specializes in this type thing or at the least get detailed advice from an attorney friend or contact.

Good Luck!

Back