I have Madden 2005...

Dr. Phreeze

It is I...Yes it is...
What Up? It's ya boy EyE

I picked up my copy of Madden NFL 2005 yesterday from EB Games. The defense ain't no joke. The players react and adjust their formations and assignments before the snap. For instance, you can make your safties or LBs spy the QB, make the safties double team the WRs, and now you can make a big hit and turn the momentum in your favor with the right analog stick. The DBs are on point. You will not be able to throw the ball over the top of the defender. The DBs or safties will jump and pick it off or knock it down. So that mean your WR has to be wide the h3!! open. Yes, playmaker is still in the game.

The graphics looks way different from the other versions, but I'll get used to it later.

LaVar Arrington, Sean Taylor, Brian Urlacher, Michael Strahan, and Ray Lewis are real in this game. :mrt:

If its in the game. Its in the game :lmao:

I'm suprised that no one has responded to this thread. I played it for a minute in EB yesterday. They made NO's offfense seem high powered. My halfback for the Bronco's couldn't pick-up a blitzing LB to save his life. Ran through him like he was tissue paper. So I just called a deep route since they blitz on every play and got a 70 yard bomb with Ashley Lelei(sp) and high stepped in the end zone. Its all about reading the LB's and DB's. Jury is still out on if it was better than last years. I'm still on NCAA 2005.

I got Madden but have yet to play it. I'm killing NCAA now. It's sad. 80-0, 90-0... On to Madden

JagsPride said:
Did you adjust your roster too?
Nope I'm just playing straight up... Once I got the handle on passing it was a breeze. The first three years I just ran the ball until I got comfortable with the playbook and what was a good pass and not. Now, I can throw for 300 and rush for 200 with ease. I had a pass heavy strategy for offense at the beginning and I got every WR and QB in the country wanting to come. After I stock pile 8 WRs and 4 decent QBs, I switched to a balance attack and got the O-line, TEs and RBs to come.

As for defense, I started by going after D-line and LBs to make sure I could get to the QB and then I focused on DBs. Started with a 4-3 strategy and switch it to the 4-2-5. Trust, this does make a difference in recruiting. Now, my team is basically loaded at all position with cats waiting their turn to play. I have at least 5 transfers from my school a year. I let them go unless I have no one at the position. I have the attitude, I'll get someone better to replace you.

My advice is to get an athlete for a QB with speed so that you can escape the rush at the beginning since your line will be so bad. I had a QB with an 88 in speed so the option was killer and I didn't get sacked unless I made a bad decision. He rushed for like 1000+ yards and passed for another 2000+ yards. I let him be the one man show. He wasn't that good in the passing area but he handled it. Left early but by that time I had enough talent to handle his loss.

I play with Grambling, of course.

I see that Madden 2005 can be played online with the XBox now. All of my boyz have PS2s and I have an XBox. My question is:

Can I play someone online in Madden 2005 on a XBox platform and the otherr person has a PS2? If I can't, then i might go ahead and buy me a PS2 console.

I'm going to buy this for my son, which woould be better?

Madden 2005

There is nothing quite like the thrill of a new season. Madden NFL 2005 lives up to the hype with new features and options that are sure to keep your heart racing all year long.

Now in its 15th year, the Madden NFL series continues to go strong and shows no sign of letting up. Pass, run, catch, kick and tackle like a pro and dominate your opponent on both sides of the ball. Let's go, rookie ? strap on your helmet and make the big play.

or

Madden NFL 2005 Collectors Edition?

There is nothing quite like the thrill of a new season. Madden NFL 2005 Collector's Edition lives up to the hype with new features and options that are sure to keep your heart racing all year long. The collector's edition includes all the features of the regular game plus exciting bonus features, including a Madden trivia challenge and playable classic versions of the game. Now in its 15th year, the Madden NFL series continues to go strong and shows no sign of letting up. Pass, run, catch, kick and tackle like a pro and dominate your opponent on both sides of the ball. New defensive tools and playmaker control let you take charge of the action. It's not just about what happens on the field anymore ? the new storyline central makes it so your team is impacted by the media stories surrounding them. You can also customize your team's crowd with a new create-a-fan option. Strap on your helmet and make the big play.

Back