I have a question...

ThaQuiet1

Captain of the Invisible
Does anyone know how to get kids into commercials? I mean, know how to get them in, considering living in a city where television & film isn't a major industry. (Like, I don't live in California or New York). I just need some info on the first thing to do to get your kid into commercials or tv. Anybody know anything???

Maybe try contacting a talent agnecy in your area.

Do a search for open auditions in your area or close to your area.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
jelli said:
Do a search for open auditions in your area or close to your area.
I've particpated in 2 Major studio movies,so I asked the same question to the directors and assistant directors.

First step
Get some Black&White 8X10'S head shots made of your child.

Don't go to Wal-Mart,JCPENNEY or OLAN MILLS to have a head shot made;the people there are not really photographers. Every city has some decent local wedding photographers that can take HEAD SHOTS in which they are a million times better than the retail photo shops. It may be more expensive than the retail stores but it's worth the investment.

Second step Do what Jelli said. Also search the yellow pages and look and visit those agencies along with those 8X10'S of your child.Every large cities have local talent agencies for local talent. They supply talent for local commercials that are aired on the local stations.

Back