Hypochondria

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
Do you all know anyone with this disorder? My manager has it...she stays sick and runs to the doctor each and every week for some imaginary ailment. (no joke) She takes more meds that my Grandma used to take...did I mention that this woman is only in her forties. :shame: We flew to NY a couple of years ago and she actually caused a scene by faking as if she was feeling faint/dizzy and about to :vomit: She went to the extreme of having the flight attendants fix up an entire empty row of seats for her, just so she could ly down...I was so embarrassed. :smh:

Here are some signs that you may be a Hypochondriac:

You don't feel well or normal.
When you get the flu, you worry that it is something much worse.
You tend to learn many of the symptoms associated with rare afflictions.
You worry that you have a tumor or cancer.
You worry that you have AIDS, even though you are at low risk.
You feel faint at least once a month.
Even when the doctor gives you a clean bill of health, you worry about being seriously ill.
If you are even just a little under the weather, you see the doctor to be on the safe side.
When there is a new strange virus making the news, you are preoccupied with getting it.
You miss work or school a lot from being sick.
You tend to get bad headaches.
You get preoccupied with having a major illness, often for weeks at a time.
You worry about catching diseases when you are out in public.
People tend to comment on you being sick all the time.
You are afraid that you may die soon.
You tend to feel tired.
Even though you haven't had a serious illness, you tend to go to the doctor a lot.
You keep old, unused prescription medicine around - just in case you need it.
You take at least five pills a day (including vitamins, supplements, and prescriptions)
You are obsessed with medical shows both fictional and real.
You get stomach aches more than most people.
People don't seem to care when you are feeling sick.
You take vitamins and eat special health food compulsively.
You own more than one medical books, and you frequently consult them.
You take pain killers or Advil regularly, for random aches and pains you have.

Another trait/sign of this is folks wanting and thriving on attention due to being ill...of course this is all psychological.

I went through that phase when I was MUCH younger. I have had everything from a brain tumor to encelphalitis...........:emlaugh:

xxx
:emlaugh: Bless your heart...I'm glad you grew outta that. My manager has it bad...we all want to :slap: her daily.

My grandmother is a hypochondriac. She had "cancer" so many times during my youth that when she was diagnosed with it a couple of yrs ago I didn't even have a strong reaction. I also had a friend that was a hypochondriac. The worst thing is when they start "diagnosing" other people.

My cousin is one, and my mother is a borderline one. I could wink my eye and she would tell me that I have some eye ailment. She has books up the wazzoo about home remedies, stuff the doctor doesn't tell you, and the Pill Book.

Some folks may have grown up sickly, and now they fear being sick again. Other folks have legitimate ailments, but they harp on them so much, you would think they were fatal. For instance arthritis ain't never killed nobody. My aunt used to act like the pain was going to travel up her knee and stab her in the heart. Mind you she moved effortlessly when noone was looking. The doctor said her "putting on" made her arthritis appear. She sat down too much. Folks like her are called valetudinarians.

i think i may be one, lol. no lie, either that or my job is making me this way, there a few things on that list that are me:

You don't feel well or normal.
When you get the flu, you worry that it is something much worse.
You feel faint at least once a month.
Even when the doctor gives you a clean bill of health, you worry about being seriously ill.
If you are even just a little under the weather, you see the doctor to be on the safe side.
When there is a new strange virus making the news, you are preoccupied with getting it.
You miss work or school a lot from being sick.
You tend to get bad headaches.
You worry about catching diseases when you are out in public.
You tend to feel tired.
Even though you haven't had a serious illness, you tend to go to the doctor a lot.
You keep old, unused prescription medicine around - just in case you need it.
You are obsessed with medical shows both fictional and real.
You own more than one medical books, and you frequently consult them.
You take pain killers or Advil regularly, for random aches and pains you have.

:what::what:

now i've never made a scene, or look for attention, i usually keep what i'm feeling to myself, and just call the doctor.

My cousin is one, and my mother is a borderline one. I could wink my eye and she would tell me that I have some eye ailment. She has books up the wazzoo about home remedies, stuff the doctor doesn't tell you, and the Pill Book.

Some folks may have grown up sickly, and now they fear being sick again. Other folks have legitimate ailments, but they harp on them so much, you would think they were fatal. For instance arthritis ain't never killed nobody. My aunt used to act like the pain was going to travel up her knee and stab her in the heart. Mind you she moved effortlessly when noone was looking. The doctor said her "putting on" made her arthritis appear. She sat down too much. Folks like her are called valetudinarians.
I don't know if it's proper to laugh at this, but I'm :lmao:. Arthur ain't never killed nobody. :lmao:

:lmao:

Man.I don't mean to laugh, but I can't help it that's funny the way you posted.

Back