Hurricane: There is a Scientific Reason but What About a Spiritual Reason

The Founder

We were having this conversation on Thanksgiving and my mother made the statement that she feels there is a spiritual connection to hurricanes and slavery. It really didn't hit me until today when I saw this map. My mom's opinion was that Hurricanes often originate near the African cost and takes the paths to the Americas where slaves were taken....it was just an interesting spiritual perspective.

Your thoughts...

We were having this conversation on Thanksgiving and my mother made the statement that she feels there is a spiritual connection to hurricanes and slavery. It really didn't hit me until today when I saw this map. My mom's opinion was that Hurricanes often originate near the African cost and takes the paths to the Americas where slaves were taken....it was just an interesting spiritual perspective.

Your thoughts...

I have heard of this years ago. I also heard that when slaves on those ships got sick/ died in route to the Americas, they were thrown overboard. To this day, sharks will follow ships in those waters looking for a meal.

Hey, I am just telling yall what I heard.

It has nothing to do with the spiritual or slavery. Its science. Hurricanes and other weather patterns are governed by ocean currents (ie the gulf stream). Before steamships, vessels relied on the same currents to navigate. Hurricanes were traveling the same path long before the transatlantic slave trade.

It has nothing to do with the spiritual or slavery. Its science. Hurricanes and other weather patterns are governed by ocean currents (ie the gulf stream). Before steamships, vessels relied on the same currents to navigate. Hurricanes were traveling the same path long before the transatlantic slave trade.

I agree. I have always though it was science.

Back