Hughes, Mississippi recruiting and the NCAA?

2kool

A former colleague of mine tells me the NCAA's investigation of Ole Miss has reached the recruitment of Jeffrey Simmons. For those unfamiliar, Ole Miss is about to get the hot hammer for dirty recruiting, but here is where the issue branches:

Chris Kiffin of Ole Miss (recruited Simmons) was found to have provided extra benefits during the recruiting process of various players. He was removed from the recruiting process prior to the 2016 signing period.

Bo Davis (recruited Simmons) was fired from Alabama for allegedly lying to Saban and NCAA officials regarding alleged broken rules while recruiting Simmons. Simmons was expected by his high school coaches to sign with Alabama (see the Clarion Ledger link below with the quote from his HS coach)

Simmons eventually signed with MSU (recruited by Tony Hughes).

Nothing is definite, but this is definitely something to keep an eye on, especially if MSU gets the dreaded Letter of Inquiry from the NCAA. This would explain Hughes taking a paycut to coach at JSU.

Simmons HS coaches comments
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ery-simmons-signs-mississippi-state/79757154/

Simmons' recruiters
http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jeffery-Simmons-35420/RecruitInterests

Mullen is feeling the heat. I wouldn't be surprised if MSU gets an LOI soon.

Both OM & MSU have been recruiting like the wild wild west the last few years. Just something to keep an eye on.

My media sources are credible.

But Hughes is at a totally different school now, seems to me that won't mean anything to JSU, did I miss something other than we now know why he was cool with the paycut?

He was cool with the payout years ago. Until the church board stepped in and made them hire Deacon Mudbone. This is just a thread for the bamas to be bamas. Nothing less, nothing more.

alrighty then....

nothing-to-see-here.jpg

He was cool with the payout years ago. Until the church board stepped in and made them hire Deacon Mudbone. This is just a thread for the bamas to be bamas. Nothing less, nothing more.

Exactly..he applied for the job after we fired Comegy. There is no connection to this Lil conspiracy theory and him taking the job at JSU

They're already discussing this in the JSU den. Well that's what I heard.......

LOL.. this is my first time hearing of this.
First of all, it looks like Simmons fell to MS State after Ole Miss and BAMA were not smart with their cheating... lol
It is well known that MS State, BAMA, LSU, etc.. pay benefits to recruits.... so there is nothing to see here.

As for Hughes leaving MS State, he wanted to come to JSU in 2013 before any of this even happened so your point is moot... JSU didn't want him then and hired OMJ .. just like when Comegy was begging to come to JSU, we hired Bell and then hired Comegy later.

SInce you in BAMA, you might want to tend to BAMA business.

What you need to do is worry about if AAMU is gonna be dead last in the SWAC this year.

....and check on your country cousins. The real story is why Jenkins left BCU... lol

SInce you in BAMA, you might want to tend to BAMA business.

What you need to do is worry about if AAMU is gonna be dead last in the SWAC this year.

....and check on your country cousins. The real story is why Jenkins left BCU... lol

Bet We wont be able to pay STING to say "hmmmm" when Josh Moon comes off vacation. Lol.
They be dodging them moon threads.

These poor Bama folks are reaching for anything to pin on JSU. The article clearly states that "nothing is definite". You can bet if it was, the Clarion Ledger would've found it by now.
We leave the cheating to schools like Bama State. Just ask Josh.

You need to worry about the other shoe dropping after Josh moon finds Jenkins is cheating. It's only a matter of time.

Lol...Everything in Montgomery is transparent. Josh and the Advertiser and other local media (tv, talk radio) have Bama State on ufck up alert. We're clean. If we were not Moon and crew would surely let you know.

BTW Did you see where new baseball coach Vasquez said 95% of his players are coming back.

This....

2kool,

You're really trying to hard man. No school has been accused of anything with Simmons. MSU certainly hasn't been accused of anything. And even if so, Hughes left over a month before signing day - it was known he was JSU bound well before then. You think Mullen would entrust the recruitment of his #1 target to a guy he knew would be gone 2 months before signing day?

This....

2kool,

You're really trying to hard man. No school has been accused of anything with Simmons. MSU certainly hasn't been accused of anything. And even if so, Hughes left over a month before signing day - it was known he was JSU bound well before then. You think Mullen would entrust the recruitment of his #1 target to a guy he knew would be gone 2 months before signing day?

If you go back to my original post, there's a line in there saying nothing is definite, but its something to keep an eye on due to the NCAA's investigation of Ole Miss leaking into the recruitment of Simmons...

If you go back to my original post, there's a line in there saying nothing is definite, but its something to keep an eye on due to the NCAA's investigation of Ole Miss leaking into the recruitment of Simmons...

Last time Hughes coached at Ole Miss, I'm pretty sure Simmons was preK.

You'd think someone would have the sense to actually have evidence on something before pressing "send".

Back