Howard joins Northeast Conference as associate member in six sports

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don't really feel this way, but I think ti's funny
giphy.gif

It explains why they are not on our soccer schedule this year

Makes economic sense and no one can say it is for other reasons

Has to be and maybe academics. Can't be for sports-especially basketball.

Although they really only have 5 other schools to worry about to control that conference.

Has to be and maybe academics. Can't be for sports-especially basketball.

Although they really only have 5 other schools to worry about to control that conference.

You do know that Howard was a associate member of the SWAC in (Women's) soccer only? Prairie View won the SWAC titlle last year. They've never had an easy ride in the SWAC

You do know that Howard was a associate member of the SWAC in (Women's) soccer only? Prairie View won the SWAC titlle last year. They've never had an easy ride in the SWAC

Out of the 6 years they have been in the conference, they won 3 titles.

Out of the 6 years they have been in the conference, they won 3 titles.

They've won 3 SWAC tournament titles

They tied with PV last year as far as regular season is concerned
Grambling won the regular season title the previous year
Alabama State won the regular season title in 2017 (Howard finished 3rd again)
Valley won in 2015 (howard finished 3rd in the regular season but beat us in the tourney)

In other words, it was not an easy ride as I first said. They just adjusted during the tourney

Howard was consistent but they were never dominant (especially the last couple of years with more schools finally investing into their soccer programs (Grambling being a prime example))

Valley won in 2015 (howard finished 3rd in the regular season but beat us in the tourney)

In other words, it was not an easy ride as I first said. They just adjusted during the tourney

Howard was consistent but they were never dominant (especially the last couple of years with more schools finally investing into their soccer programs (Grambling being a prime example))

But still in the 6 tears they were in the conference they won a title 50% of the time. Who else can say that in any sport?

While I agree that it wasn’t an easy ride, at the end, they won the conference crown 3 of 6 years and stoped the regular season champ from finishing the job.

No matter what happens to the MEAC, (which is going to fold without major HBCU players like FAMU, Hampton, BCU and NCA&T saving ticket sells day), I can’t see Howard going to the NEC in football. It’s definitely possible, but I can’t see it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back