Howard has the best version of Neck by all HBCU bands

Keep in mind that you’re talking to an individual who allowed a JSU alum to trick him into thinking The Jukebox stole the circle drill from Howard. Then everybody laughed at him.

Who in the hell are you talking about? Nobody has ever tricked me into thinking anything..Ive never discussed Howard on here with a JSU person..every time I mention Howard, you SUckas come in and say "IF IT WASNT FOR THE JUKEBOX IT WOULDNT BE A BAND AT HOWARD!!!" lol

sit down!!

Who in the hell are you talking about? Nobody has ever tricked me into thinking anything..Ive never discussed Howard on here with a JSU person..every time I mention Howard, you SUckas come in and say "IF IT WASNT FOR THE JUKEBOX IT WOULDNT BE A BAND AT HOWARD!!!" lol

sit down!!

no no no @atl hornet you got to hit the southern coalition where it hurts.... tags self in ..... southern stole Howards circle drill from back in the day...... have you jags no shame bullying those poor bison out of their signature drill like that...lmao... shame sham shame on ya'll *snickers*

Be prepared for one of them SUckas to track your IP address and come to your crib, because they can’t take criticism or the truth. SU is the only band I know that is undefeated since the 60s, according to their members and minions. Never mind the fact that Alcorn smashed them at their own homecoming & JSU has gotten them the past few years.

If we keeping it funky, Grambling sounded better than them at the botb last year.

But hey, playing every song FFF, in a natural key & at a fast tempo means you haven’t taken an L in 70 years & there’s not other way to play music

It's sad when the sucker doesn't even remember getting played for one. Dude baited you and you fell for it hook, line, sinker. Bwaahahahahahaha!!!

Howard is in DC, so Go-Go music should be their thing, whereas the Jukebox is the closes HBCU marching band to New Orleans, so Brass Band music and jazz is our thing. We even have a jazz version to our fight song. Brass Band music played by other schools that are not the Jukebox sounds out of place to me, such as FAMU trying to claim Do Whatcha Wanna as one of their signature songs.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q4HHhHlXQkI

Last edited:

That may be the case, but nothing about that arrangement says Human Jukebox

Y’all need a humbling real bad. Arrogant mfs
But wait it even gets better, the person who wrote the original song for Cameo, was in SU’s band .

Southern didn’t play it first, but their claim on the song stands up more than anyone else’s. Cameo guitarist Charlie Singleton co-wrote “Talkin’ Out The Side of Your Neck,” the song “Neck” condenses into a marching band track. Singleton was in another band before Cameo: He played trombone in the Juke, a.k.a. The Human Jukebox, a.k.a. the marching band at Southern University.

But wait it even gets better, the person who wrote the original song for Cameo, was in SU’s band .

Southern didn’t play it first, but their claim on the song stands up more than anyone else’s. Cameo guitarist Charlie Singleton co-wrote “Talkin’ Out The Side of Your Neck,” the song “Neck” condenses into a marching band track. Singleton was in another band before Cameo: He played trombone in the Juke, a.k.a. The Human Jukebox, a.k.a. the marching band at Southern University.

The Jukebox may be the favorite band of Talladega and Delaware State, but Bama State doesnt give a rats ass about SU

Oh so that’s why y’all hired Ralph Chapman to arrange for Bama St a few years ago. 😂😂😂

I'm sure it is awfully painful for him to say something good about another HBCU band program without mentioning something about the band program that he despises the most. The Jukebox has a very large footprint when it comes to former members leading other band programs. The MEAC has at least 5 programs (Howard, Morgan State, Delaware State, South Carolina, and Norfolk State). Most came through Doc. Greggs era.

Last edited:
I'm sure it is awfully painful for him to say something good about another HBCU band program without mentioning something about the band program that he despises the most. The Jukebox has a very large footprint when it comes to former members leading other band programs. The MEAC has at least 5 programs (Howard, Morgan State, Delaware State, South Carolina, and Norfolk State). Most came through Doc. Greggs era.

I don’t believe he despises The Jukebox. He’s envious and enjoys making an ass out of himself. 😂😂😂

I don’t believe he despises The Jukebox. He’s envious and enjoys making an ass out of himself.

Envious of what? lol
I work with a old school Juke who marched under Issac. Even he said SU's current band isnt the same as the old ones. If we wanted to sound like SU, we would simplify our arrangements lol!

Envious of what? lol
I work with a old school Juke who marched under Issac. Even he said SU's current band isnt the same as the old ones. If we wanted to sound like SU, we would simplify our arrangements lol!

No you would just hire an SU alum like y’all actually did. Not to mention that was the best y’all sounded in your pathetic history lol. This is too easy man.

BTW I love Bama St’s arrangements said nobody ever. Didn’t y’all have Miguel Bonds on staff at one point too? Add yet another SU grad your band had on staff 😂😂😂

Honestly, if Howard was in Louisiana, particularly New Orleans, the homies would be jamming to their music. It doesn't take much to get folks to dance to second line music in New Orleans.

Back