Howard falls to Belmont in Maker anticipated college basketball debut

You cant get beaten like that when you got eyes on you nationally. Not going to be a thrilling situation for potential recruits.

Belmont keeps a solid mid major team so it was not surprising. Plus as I can tell you from seeing my school play a similar amount of new players (9), it's gonna take a while for them to gel.

#1 Gonzaga beat Auburn like a redhead stepchild this afternoon. My Jags have them in a few weeks so I'm not too excited about that. We also have #5 Iowa (the same team that ripped NCCU a new one) this evening on national t.v. so these money games are a rough road.

Tough first game but looking at their next five 7 games I believe the kid will bounce back and adjust to the college game.

Queens
George Mason
La Salle
Bellarmine
Elon
Hampton
Mount St. Mary's

Tough first game but looking at their next five 7 games I believe the kid will bounce back and adjust to the college game.

Queens
George Mason
La Salle
Bellarmine
Elon
Hampton
Mount St. Mary's

I like that because at least it's a little balance there.

An 18 yr old 5* freshman w/ probably 4 no stars will yield that result. When and/or if the other star txfers are eligible, I’m sure it will be a differing team.

An 18 yr old 5* freshman w/ probably 4 no stars will yield that result. When and/or if the other star txfers are eligible, I’m sure it will be a differing team.
BINGO.... a 5 star looks good playing with other good players.... Makur looked like a regular decent player yesterday.... then Howard got beat by a D3 today. Makur is going to lose money by choosing Howard. I know we dont want to hear It but it is the truth.

BINGO.... a 5 star looks good playing with other good players.... Makur looked like a regular decent player yesterday.... then Howard got beat by a D3 today. Makur is going to lose money by choosing Howard. I know we dont want to hear It but it is the truth.

If he was serious about winning at an HBCU he goes elsewhere like TSU, Norfolk, NCCU, etc. He at HU cause it’s cool to be in DC

If he was serious about winning at an HBCU he goes elsewhere like TSU, Norfolk, NCCU, etc. He at HU cause it’s cool to be in DC

I just said this to someone. One year under Moton, at TxSU or even at Valley would have been a better fit than HU

A 5 star big won't nearly be as impactful in today's game without a solid supporting cast as a 5 star guard who really only has to basically maintain in order to be a 1st round pick

Back