How Will The New Orleans Saints Do This Year?

THAMES

Are there any Saints fans out there after last season? If so, how do you think think they will do this year? NFL camps are starting to open this week. If you are not a Saints fan, in the words of Bernie Mac, "who you with"? How do you predict your team will do?

I'm a SAINTS fan!

I am a current SAINTS season book holder.

Prediction: 9-7, will make the playoffs as a Wildcard representative.

The offense will be much improved. They will play a West Coast Offense ala the RAMS. The defense still has a big question mark in the secondary.

I aint really no saints fan....
But since they in my state, i represent a lil bit... but i hope they do good dis yr....

Because I am from Louisiana, I will always be down with my boys (Saints), but since I live in Miami I have to go with the Dolphins. If we stay healthy we should take the AFC!

Originally posted by Miami Jag
Because I am from Louisiana, I will always be down with my boys (Saints), but since I live in Miami I have to go with the Dolphins. If we stay healthy we should take the AFC!

Sorry MJ, as long as Jay Fieldler is the Dolphins QB, you will not make it. Your DL is suspect after some guys left. Miami will make the playoffs, but they are still a few players away. Pittsburgh, NE, Tn Titans, Oakland, Denver, and if Dungy gets Indy's defense to play, will be a little tough for Miami to come out the AFC. Also watch out for Buffalo as a surprise team now that Bledsoe is there.

As far as the Saints are concerned, I think they will competative. But they lost a lot on the off season. If the guys replacing those that left step up then they will possibly make the playoffs. But losing Glover and Johnson on the DL, trading Ricky and letting a 1000 yd WR like Willie Jackson get away was not too good. Although drafting Donte Stallworth was a good move. Not to mention firing your GM. Haslett and company have some issues to resolve. Look for Atlanta to push the Saints for the second spot in the NFC South. Gruden will have Tampa playing well enough to win that division. The only good thing for the Saints is that they don't play the Rams and 49ers twice a year with the new divisions.

BTW JAGWAR, the Rams do not run the West Coast offense. They run the same offense of the old San Diego Chargers- "Air Coryell" offense. They take deep strikes down field more than the West Coast offense does. If the Saints want to copy the Rams "O" which does suit Duece McAllister better, then they need some more WRs and should have kept Willie J to play with Horn and Stallworth.

As we have seen the las t few years, some team comes from worst to first and shocks us. My NFC sleepers are Atlanta, Minnesota , and I hate to say it.......Dallas. Also don't be shocked if Spurrier and the Skins make some noise. The "D" will be good. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by JR

Sorry MJ, as long as Jay Fieldler is the Dolphins QB, you will not make it. Your DL is suspect after some guys left. Miami will make the playoffs, but they are still a few players away. Pittsburgh, NE, Tn Titans, Oakland, Denver, and if Dungy gets Indy's defense to play, will be a little tough for Miami to come out the AFC. Also watch out for Buffalo as a surprise team now that Bledsoe is there.

JR - I agree with your analogy somewhat, but you forgot one thing......The Heart! The heart can't be read or measured by scouting reports or by statistics. The Dolphins is definitely suspect with Jay Fielder however I have seen him take over a game and will them to victory. The guys has a big heart. The Dolphins are always predicted to do well every year and they always seem to disappoint their South Florida Fans. I can't see them doing that this year. Our DL was plagued with many injuries and will bounce back. Those that left....had minimal contributions so don't view that as a blow. The Steelers will always be tough so this game will be determined by home field advantage. The Titans haven't been the same since their Superbowl appearance, while Buffalo still has plenty of issues they must resolve regardless who is the QB. The Jets and Patriots will be our biggest headache. :redhot:

Back