How was Church Sunday?

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
Today at Oak Grove, Pastor Johnson preached on taking your promised land. Your promised land are the things in God's word that he has promised you. When Israel sent spies out into the land God promised them, all but two came back with an evil report. The majority were scared and felt that the people were giants and that Israel could not take the land. In life, if God has promised you a blessing, you must believe that their is nothing too hard for God to do and that blessing is yours. Remember that it was God that brought you out of your past bondage (Egypt) and it is God that will give you what belongs to you no matter how giant your problem may see. What God has for you, it is for you.

church was different

church was interesting for me

I normally attend the 1pm Spanish Mass but since we had a game that started at 1pm (I'm the Public Address Announcer for Cookman baseball), I had to miss it.

Thus, I ended up going to a service I haven't attended since I was a junior in college: the 6pm.

The priest this evening was a nice enough guy but ... I havent been to a lily white Catholic service in YEARS.

Needless to say, it was an interesting experience. Hearing the Word is always good and today's readings from Jeremiah, First Corinthians, and Luke were nice.

Next week, it'll be Mass at my church back in Miami. :D :D :D :D :D

Excellent. The subject was Living The Spirit Sensitive Life and scriptures were Romans 8:11-14, 1 Thes. 5:23, Romans 7:18-25 & 8:1-7, 1 Cor. 2:14, 3:1, Romans 10:9, John 7:37 and Psalm 51:11-13.

In celebration of our men's month, the men of our church went on a weekend retreat. During this retreat, we prayed, worshiped and had fellowship with one another. We heard sermons and so on. The highlight of the retreat was when we went to the Union Mission here in Memphis. This mission is a shelter for those that are homeless. We had worship services, witnessed, and prayed with these brothers. 8 of these brothers gave their life to Christ. Man how awsome God is. It is good to just get away from the world and concentrate on serving the Lord. We left the retreat inspired to be a better man, husband, father, and be the man God wants us to be.

psalm 133

Back