How many of you use options trading?

major095

ASU4real
Just starting to learn a bit of this and it seems like a way to get potentially get a better return on investment if you're willing to absorb some risk. Likely will buy a few contracts on Monday for the first time when the market opens. Would like to hear about your experiences and opinions using options.

levarg

The Elite BRAVE
@major095 I mainly do the options for quick nickels and dimes but it do add up I do take advantage to exercise an option if I can afford the 100 shares but other than that I do it all the time and day trade it with in my limit. This stock is also about to go public I'm thinking of doing a option on this because I do see a low risk plus this will probably have a good price when they go public so I am going to get the 100 shares on this. If I think it is going to tank then I will do a put option so CYA. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/28/duolingo-files-s-1-for-ipo.html

major095

ASU4real
@major095 I mainly do the options for quick nickels and dimes but it do add up I do take advantage to exercise an option if I can afford the 100 shares but other than that I do it all the time and day trade it with in my limit. This stock is also about to go public I'm thinking of doing a option on this because I do see a low risk plus this will probably have a good price when they go public so I am going to get the 100 shares on this. If I think it is going to tank then I will do a put option so CYA. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/28/duolingo-files-s-1-for-ipo.html
I'll check that out. I did 2 options. I bought a call on a satellite company that is rumored to be working with Musk's Starlink internet. It was 33 dollars so it's not a bad risk and i could have sold it today w/ a $5 profit but I'm going to hold at least until the beginning of aug unless something good happens.
I also did a covered call on a penny stock I own. collected a $30 premium and feel like that's pretty low risk b/c it hasn't been moving and trends aren't really clear on it now.

funkie junkie

I don't, but my sister has started doing it and gotten really good at it. She follows Ian Dunlap on Instagram and the Earn Your Leisure dudes, they're pretty good.

major095

ASU4real
I've started running spreads with my options. Got my first nice win coming. Bought a chargepoint out of the money call at the bottom of the market back in may. Now it's nearly $4 in the money. so now I'm doing poor man's covered calls with it and a few others and collecting weekly premiums. I feel like I can over the next few years get it to generate at least 1k/month of passive income.

Olde Hornet

I've started running spreads with my options. Got my first nice win coming. Bought a chargepoint out of the money call at the bottom of the market back in may. Now it's nearly $4 in the money. so now I'm doing poor man's covered calls with it and a few others and collecting weekly premiums. I feel like I can over the next few years get it to generate at least 1k/month of passive income.
My friend is doing the same thing, he is really good at it. He gave me a zoom tutorial on how to do it.

I may try it this fall.