How Many Football Conference Championships Has Your HBCU Won?

That's right!!

We are the owners of 3 Co-Championships!!

I love you Texas Southern administration. :love:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Funny how each school had it's "spurts".

Looks like it's recycled and Gram has positioned itself to be the team of the 2000s. (for now ;) )

I could be wrong, but I thought Grambling was the SWAC champs in '89? Didn't they make the playoffs as conference champions?

To Whom It May Concern:

If you will visit the CIAA Conference Champion site and the Black National Champion Site, you will see Samford (AL.) listed as winning conference Championships in the CIAA (1912 & 1914) and as the Black National Champion in 1925 & 1926.

The problem is that back in the day Samford University, which is a PWC, was originally named Howard College which got mixed up some how, on the web site, with (HBCU) Howard University (D.C.)

Samford University History
http://www.samford.edu/history/

The aforementioned Championships should be credited to Howard University (D.C.) and NOT Samford University (AL.) formally known as Howard College.

I wanted the web master to get it right on the aforementioned websites. In doing so, I sent e-mails to the Webmasters for them to recheck their facts and correct their site with proper credit for the real HBCU Howard University.

I hope my explaination helps to clear up my post in question.

Subject: Re: Black College Football Conference and National Championships
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 16:00:04 -0500

Dennis....

Thank you for taking the time to write and make note of these.

I had planned to forward this to David DeLausse, webmaster, but see that you have already sent him an email.

Personally, have done extensive statresearch(c) on HBCU's national champions.

You're so correct, HBCU #1 team is Howard DC...not Howard AL/now Stamford.

Should you have additional questions regarding HBCU football or interested in such, please get back with me.

Again, thank you for your time and taking the time to write.

Tex

Tex/1st-N-Goal
College Football
Statistics

http://1st-N-Goal.net
Original College Football Statistics from "A Different Perspective"

**COMING SOON**
"Stars of An Earlier Autumn"
a Pre-1937 college football records book--
the 1st 66 years
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:11:16 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: Black College Football Conference and National Championships
From: <a href="mailto:collegefan@cfbdatawarehouse.com" target="_blank">collegefan@cfbdatawarehouse.com</a>

Without even looking I am sure you are correct. Let me review this over the weekend and I will get back to you.

David
Dear Web Master:

Is it possible that perhaps, the football information provided on your website may have gotten confused, between Howard University (Washington, D.C.) and Howard College (Currently Samford University located in Alabama)?

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Damn...Jackson State ran the 80s. Who was the coach back then?

No smack, but prior to the run of the 80's Grambling was the only team to beat Jackson for about 4 years. Then Jackson went on a streak. I think overall during the 80's it was 5-5 in head to head.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Those were some good games. Back then, GRAM was the only school that JSU circled on their sched ........................BESIDES ALCORN OF COURSE. :cool:

Originally posted by jstate83
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Those were some good games. Back then, GRAM was the only school that JSU circled on their sched ........................BESIDES ALCORN OF COURSE. :cool:

Valley got in our azzes a couple of times too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The first time Valley, (Totten & Rice), beat us, Valley fans was still walking around JSU's campus that Monday with big :D 's on their faces. We were pi$$ed, but all we could do was party with them. That was wild.:lmao:

Originally posted by jstate83
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The first time Valley, (Totten & Rice), beat us, Valley fans was still walking around JSU's campus that Monday with big :D 's on their faces. We were pi$$ed, but all we could do was party with them. That was wild.:lmao:

That was also a BADDDD year for S.U. we had 42 points at half time on Valley and was blowing them out. They cam back and went balistic in the second half and beat us.

Alcorn & Valley went to the playoffs and got beat bad by LA. Tech. LA. Tech soon after those wins moved to D-1A.

Back