How good yo' grammar is?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
almost....

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
Dayum, I failed and I got nothing but "A's" in English.

And we wonder about the problems with our school systems.....:lol:

j/k...;)

I missed one.

*dayum subjunctive mood...* :(

Niter! :mad:

This is so much BS! The English language has soooooooo many idio, errrr :confused:, idiotic, errrrr, :confused: anomalies until it just <b>ain't</b> funny <b>irregardless</b> of what Encarta <b>sez</b>.

I still assert that someone, somebody, some one (LOL), or some body (LOL) created a <u>standard</u> and some "entity" sed "okay, lez make dis a standard English law for EVERYONE that speaks American English" LOL.

That lay/lie part got me. I was 8of9.

7/9.

I was great in English in High school and College, so it was no sweat.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
This test is culturally biased !!

They aint axed not one querstion in reference to a Skreet, a Sammich or the Lieberry !!!

<quote>Not bad
But you may want to think twice about pursuing a career as a copy editor. You got 7/9 correct.</quote>

:lmao:

Incorrect
The correct answer: C lay
Your answer: A laid
Even your persnickety old English teacher is probably flummoxed by lay and lie now and then, particularly when the words are used in the past tense. To lay is to place something somewhere. To lie is to recline. But here?s the kicker: The past tense of lie is lay!

Incorrect
The correct answer: C were
Your answer: A is
It may sound a bit pretentious, but were is called for in this sentence because it describes something that?s untrue (he?s clearly not the coolest guy in school). This is an example of the subjunctive mood, which is used to express doubts, wishes, possibilities, or untruths.

:eek: :eek:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I no care wut no freak'n test say...

I knows proper English! Dayumitt!!!!!

And I've been a copy writer...so der dayumitt!!!!

It was like all of a sudden, this stuff came back.......

Nita, you would've been proud of me !!
The last time I used the word 'subjunctive' was in 1987.

*tears streaming down face*

Niner...outer...Niner !!

Well, well, well....

7/9...not bad for someone who hasn't been in an English class since 1981. Guess I'll have to work with the lil one so I can learn a lil sumthin' sumthin'!! :D

Back