How do you feel about whats played on the radio?

black13

I just listened to the radio here in Dallas, and I heard Mike Jones say something in one of his songs about pulling some girls panties down. Don't get me wrong, I like rapp music and all, but how do we hold radio stations accountable for some of the poor editing they do on songs over the air. Are songs sent to the radio stations already edited, or are they sometimes left up to the station?

black13 said:
I just listened to the radio here in Dallas, and I heard Mike Jones say something in one of his songs about pulling some girls panties down. Don't get me wrong, I like rapp music and all, but how do we hold radio stations accountable for some of the poor editing they do on songs over the air. Are songs sent to the radio stations already edited, or are they sometimes left up to the station?

The radio stations don't have a choice because the majority of the rap songs out now are mostly and overtly sexually suggestive.

They would have to edit the majority of the songs that's now being played. It's a song out now by a young lady call LET'S HAVE SEX.

The radio station here edit the word sex out of the song and later the next songs after LET'S HAVE SEX the words are not edited out.

The song topics, in my opinion, are no different than they were 20, 30 or 40 years ago. But, they are more explicit in how they express themselves today. I'm not a fan of how explicit they are in today's music.

All the cookie cutter **** needs to go and FM stations need to get a new mode of programming.

burn CDs...Houston is one of the worst markets for radio...the only non-rap station (102.1) plays the same tired old songs day in and day out.....if they didn't give out all that money they wouldn't be heard.

cat daddy said:
The song topics, in my opinion, are no different than they were 20, 30 or 40 years ago. But, they are more explicit in how they express themselves today. I'm not a fan of how explicit they are in today's music.

Exactly. Now I don't care for all these songs that are played today, but it is no different than when our parents were our age then saying the same thing we are saying now. Prince, Rick James and others had a lot of songs that our folks didn 't approve of. If you listened to Marvin Gaye's last 2 albums you would be like :eek: Sanctified Lady and Masochistic (sp) Beauty were out there. Sex was apart of music then. Just not the profanity part. What is so funny is in 20 years these same young folk who love this music will be complaining about what is being played on the radio when they are older with kids. Go figure. Every generation complains about what their kids listen to and what is played on the radio. No different now.

JR said:
Exactly. Now I don't care for all these songs that are played today, but it is no different than when our parents were our age then saying the same thing we are saying now. Prince, Rick James and others had a lot of songs that our folks didn 't approve of. If you listened to Marvin Gaye's last 2 albums you would be like :eek: Sanctified Lady and Masochistic (sp) Beauty were out there. Sex was apart of music then. Just not the profanity part. What is so funny is in 20 years these same young folk who love this music will be complaining about what is being played on the radio when they are older with kids. Go figure. Every generation complains about what their kids listen to and what is played on the radio. No different now.

True. That's b/c the next generations in AMERICA will always try to be more daring,cool,on the edge than the previous generation. Why? Because we can't help it. Here in AMERICA we want something NEW, QUICK and convient to make life exciting and easy for us. We are conditioned to think like that. It's a vicious snowball effect that started in the 1920'S. We are bombared with slogans everyday in the media like 'NEW AND IMPROVED', CUTTING EDGE, THE BEST SELLER,NEW POSITIONS:D. Anyway how much can a hammer be improved?
I just think today's music artists, rap artists do not want to be labeled as CORNY, SQUARE or GEEKISH. So they create tunes that go against the STATUS QUO to get attention. I'm really not surprise at the quality of music today because I knew it was going to happen because that's the AMERICAN NATURE. How many times have you heard "oh that was done before ".

Back