How do you feel about other nationalities, races joining your frat/sorority?

buckwheat

I bring this question up because the link that SN posted showed a white guy wearing an Alpha Phi Alpha shirt. I personally don't have an issue with other race pledging the frat. Being that I pledged on the West Coast, I saw many bruhs that were white, Hispanic, Indian(India), Chinese. Those bruhs that I met were knowledgable and active in their communities.

I know a white NUPE that pledged at Vanderbilt in 1989. Got more skills with the KANE than anyone.

I personally have no problem with it as there is nothing in the history with KAPSI that other nationalities are to be excluded. If that happens then we become racist, with exclusionary clauses which is not a good thing.

I bring this question up because the link that SN posted showed a white guy wearing an Alpha Phi Alpha shirt. I personally don't have an issue with other race pledging the frat. Being that I pledged on the West Coast, I saw many bruhs that were white, Hispanic, Indian(India), Chinese. Those bruhs that I met were knowledgable and active in their communities.

Didn't even know there were white Ques until Peter, a Popular, white lawyer
Que in Jackson came in the house and I'm like, is this for Real :xeye:

I quickly found out it was for Real

I've met many white Bruhz since then, they all were tight.

Man its a bruh from 92 from Iota Sigma in Missouri that is one of the outtest Bruhz in the District. His name is White Lighting and that Bruh is Thorough on his isht.

I've seen some Bruhz that are of Indian (India) background. I treat them like any other Bruh I meet.

I know an Indian (India) AKA from St. Louis and she was beyound "OWT". She was about 5'1 with real long hair.

She be the loudest one "Skee-Weeing" at the parties and stepshows.

Didn't even know there were white Ques until Peter, a Popular, white lawyer
Que in Jackson came in the house and I'm like, is this for Real :xeye:

I quickly found out it was for Real

I've met many white Bruhz since then, they all were tight.

I never knew there were any until I went to my first distict meeting in San Diego two weeks after I had crossed. After I met the bruhz, we became cool.

I respect them but I can do without them.

Honestly I just feel like, "daymn can we have something positive for ourselves".

I don't think that's being racist. :)

They get love or atleast don't get hate

BUT

keeping it real, i look at them with the same :retard: as I do when I see a brotha in a wyte frat.

Nothing wrong with it - but something appears to be wrong with them.

This is a none issue.

I get the same feeling/reaction Riddler.

Now there are white members in Jack and Jill, they are married to black men and have black children, so I never "wonder" why they joined. But for frats/sororities, I always say hmmmmm.

There is a white juvenile probation officer in EBR who is active in the grad chapter and pledged at University of Southern Mississippi. She is an excellent po and good soror, but I always look at her and wonder what made her pledge a black sorority at a university in deep south MS. I always wanted to ask her that and about her experience, and now that I am thinking about it, I think I will.

There is a white juvenile probation officer in EBR who is active in the grad chapter and pledged at University of Southern Mississippi. She is an excellent po and good soror, but I always look at her and wonder what made her pledge a black sorority at a university in deep south MS. I always wanted to ask her that and about her experience, and now that I am thinking about it, I think I will.

I asked NUPE at Vanderbilt and he was like, he researched the ones that appealed to him and found that he believed in in the beliefs of KAPSI. He said on his lit were all the black frats because he felt they stood for something more unlike the white ones. He also stated that he saw the black frats doing things after graduation.

I know we have sorors from all backgrounds. Wanna hear something funny.
I went to Boule in Nashville in 2004. I had 3 roomies. We all arrived at different times at the hotel. Well I was the 3rd to arrive. I only knew 2 of my roomies since they are in my chapter. Was just meeting Beverly from Indiana. So I call Crystal-one of my chapter sorors which is Beverly's line sister, and she tells me the room number. I get to the room, knock on the door and a chinese chic answers the door. :what: :uhoh: So I immediately say I'm sorry I have the wrong room. I walk down the hall and call Crystal back and say what's the rm # again. She tells me and I go back. Knock again and I'm looking confused again. I'm like Crystal are you sure you know your room number. Mind you I never asked the chinese chic if Crystal was there. I just kept apologizing and walking away. Come to find out, the chinese chic was Beverly Chu, Crystal's line sister, and was indeed our roomie. I felt so dayum silly. Crystal said she thought she mentioned to me that Beverly was chinese and I told her hell nawl cause I wouldn't forget a detail like that. :lol: So when our other chapter soror arrived about an hour after me, the same thing above happened and I was rolling laughing. Needless to say Belinda was speechless also. Our Chinese soror was cool as a fan and very much about the business/fun of AKA. She said she plans to run for a national officer some day. We laugh about this story til this day. :lmao:

Personally I am totally against it. I'm not sure how our 10 founders would feel about the white man all up in their frat. This white guy was trying to become a Kappa the same time I was trying. The asshole had the nerve to tell the brothers that he had to sneak and come to the interest meeting because his wife didn't approve. In the interview process, they asked me how would i feel about one of my line brothers being white. I straight up told them I am 100% against it. Go pledge Kappa Alpha. Leave the <font color="red">PSI</font> for the brothers!!! But that's just my opinion.

I get the same feeling/reaction Riddler.

Now there are white members in Jack and Jill, they are married to black men and have black children, so I never "wonder" why they joined. But for frats/sororities, I always say hmmmmm.

When I lived in Houston there was a young lady at Stephen F. Austin University who had pledged Delta. She came to some event we had in Houston and someone asked her why she pledged Delta. She said that she was raised in a predominatly black neighborhood and her best friend was a black girl. Her best friend's mom was a Delta and she took her along to a lot of the Delta functions that were for young girls and teens. All she knew about sororities when she entered college were the Pan-Hellenic ones and the service they did in her community. She said her decision to join was based on her experiences.

I know we have sorors from all backgrounds. Wanna hear something funny.
I went to Boule in Nashville in 2004. I had 3 roomies. We all arrived at different times at the hotel. Well I was the 3rd to arrive. I only knew 2 of my roomies since they are in my chapter. Was just meeting Beverly from Indiana. So I call Crystal-one of my chapter sorors which is Beverly's line sister, and she tells me the room number. I get to the room, knock on the door and a chinese chic answers the door. :what: :uhoh: So I immediately say I'm sorry I have the wrong room. I walk down the hall and call Crystal back and say what's the rm # again. She tells me and I go back. Knock again and I'm looking confused again. I'm like Crystal are you sure you know your room number. Mind you I never asked the chinese chic if Crystal was there. I just kept apologizing and walking away. Come to find out, the chinese chic was Beverly Chu, Crystal's line sister, and was indeed our roomie. I felt so dayum silly. Crystal said she thought she mentioned to me that Beverly was chinese and I told her hell nawl cause I wouldn't forget a detail like that. :lol: So when our other chapter soror arrived about an hour after me, the same thing above happened and I was rolling laughing. Needless to say Belinda was speechless also. Our Chinese soror was cool as a fan and very much about the business/fun of AKA. She said she plans to run for a national officer some day. We laugh about this story til this day. :lmao:

:lol: that's funny

I have a problem with it, but I'll keep my racist ass comments to myself. We can't have schitt w/o them always trying to come in and will eventually try and take over. :tdown:

I have a problem with it, but I'll keep my racist ass comments to myself. We can't have schitt w/o them always trying to come in and will eventually try and take over. :tdown:

Thanks for keeping your racist azz comments to yourself! (I feel the same way). I can see the founders of Omega Psi Phi spinning in their graves whilst we are being infiltrated. That is exactly the way that I see it!!!

I respect them but I can do without them.

Honestly I just feel like, "daymn can we have something positive for ourselves".

I don't think that's being racist. :)

I feel ya. And if it is racist, then fugg it, I'm a racist then!!! But they will never wonder how I really feel about them. Black Frats & Sororitys are under so much scrutiny by people on the outside. White America doesn't trust it. The ques at Southern were off the yard for 7 years because they had an illeagal meeting (really, a meeting) with some men (me included) who were interested in Omega. 7 years. If you're from the BR area you remember Benjamin Wynne....was killed pledging a white frat at LSU- that frat was back the next year, never gave up the lease on the house that is on LSU's campus. But we disobedient Negroes have to be kept in line. Can't keep on producing Jesse Jacksons and Ronald Mcnairs and such. I fully believe in conspiracy theorys.

Thanks for keeping your racist azz comments to yourself! (I feel the same way). I can see the founders of Omega Psi Phi spinning in their graves whilst we are being infiltrated. That is exactly the way that I see it!!!

I honestly dont know how the Founders would react.

I dont think these new "white" members just started coming in.

If you doing your work for the Frat, maintain the Cardinal Principles in your life and dont come to me stoopid, then you cool with me.

I honestly dont know how the Founders would react.

I dont think these new "white" members just started coming in.

If you doing your work for the Frat, maintain the Cardinal Principles in your life and dont come to me stoopid, then you cool with me.

So then the bruhz to you are no different from... say a coworker. If they don't step on your toes and don't get in your way then they are all good with you? Nah, The Frat is deeper than that to me, richer than that, more worthy of my time to investigate. Not to just think that the pakage is good because its in a pretty wrapper and I have no idea whats inside. The day we start accepting member at face value is day that all is lost!

Back