How big of a Black College Fan are You?

wahines

1_gsufan
:bowdown: How big of a Black College Fan's are You? I am so big of a Black-College Football Fan, that I am watching tapes of games from last year. I am so big of a Black College Football Fan, that I am asking you BCF'S , how can I get my hands on Classic games from the 80's and the 90's. That's when Black-College Football to me was at it's greatest. How can I get my hand's on the Hertiage Bowl Game's that was played? How can I get my hand's on
Alcorn St. games played during the legendary Steve "Air" McNair days? Classic Bayou Classic Games, the Circle City Classic game between
South Carolina St. and Jackson St. The Classic Circle City Classic Game between Grambling and Alabama A&M and the one that featured Grambling St and Mississippi Valley. How can I find games featuring Mississippi Valley with Jerry Rice and Willie Totten? How Can I get my hands on the Circle City Classic game between Florida A&M and Hampton? I would love to get my hands on any game that was played between the 1980's and the 1990's. How big of a Black College Football Fan are you?

You brought up some interesting points. You know if you can go online and find tapes and dvd of classic wrestling matches, why can't some of us put together all of the tapes of classic HBCU football games, interviews, and never before seen footage and make a couple of dollars of it.

"HBCU Sports Productions" presents:

The Best of the Classics:
Bayou
Circle City
Magic City
Southern Heritage

Before they were pros:
Stever "Air" McNair
Jerry Rice
Doug Williams

Masters of the Game:
Eddie Robinson
Jake Gaither
John Merritt

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That is a Excellent idea! Where do we began? Where do we go and start collecting information and getting our hands on tapes for the
History of Black College Football DVD Collection? Where do we go to get our hands on the Historic Black College Football Games for our own collections?

I've always been fan of Black College Football since 1989. My favorite hbcu's conference is no other than SWAC and Siac. Both of these conference has history and long standing traditon of innovation, especially when it comes to the passing game. The Majority players that has played in National Football League came from either the SWAC or the SIAC. I love seeing teams like classics and regular season games on television or attend in person. Some of my relatives play at Jackson State, FAMU, ASU, TSU, and Central State.. My relatives are Willie Richardson/Corey Bradford=JSU, Ike Williams/Hewitt Dixon/Ben Gainer=FAMU, Eddie Robinson=Alabama ST, Joe "turkey" Jones=TSU, and Marvin Pope=TSU..You could say, Black College Football happen to be family traditon and our life blood.. And other members of my family and friends has played at lesser known programs as well..

The Best of the Classics:

1. Bayou Classic
2. Florida Classic
3. Magic City Classic
4. City Circle Classic
5. Southern Hertiage Classic

Before they were pros:
1. Jerry Rice
2. Bob Hayes
3. Micheal Strahan
4. Erik Williams
5. Jake Reed
6. Doug Williams
7. Steve McNair
8. Aneus Williams
9. Richard Dent
10 John Stallworth
11. John Taylor
12. Walter Payton/Harold Carmicheal

Master of the Game:
1. Eddie Robinson
2. John Merritt
3. Jake Gaither
4. Marino Casem
5. Willie Jefferies
6. Billy Joe
7. Pete Richardson
8. W.C. Gordon
9. Art Mumford
10. Archie Cooley
11. Bill Hayes
12. Bill Bell
13. Rudy Hubbard
14. Earl Banks
15 Eddie Hurt
16. B.T. Harvey
17. Cleve Abbott
18. Willard Bailey
19. James Carson
20. Joe Taylor
21. Bill Davis
22. Ham Smith
23 Dwight Reed

:rolly: Hey BulldogM.Ed.23 & Black Caesar 2K5

How do we get started on the wonderful project? Where do we start to get these Classic Black College Football Game on tape? What's going to be the format? When will we get started? Maybe we need to put the word out that we are looking for Classic Black College Football Games on tape for our own collection and to start this wonderful project. What will we name the DVD? What will be the name of the website? So how do we get our hands on these classic games that we are looking for. Hey Black Caesar 2K5, maybe all of those relatives that you had played in the SWAC & SIAC can help us get our hands on some of those old Black College Football Classic Games? I collect games and I want to have the largest collection of Black College Football Games ever!

Here are some other ideas:
What Classic is the Best?
The top ten Black College Football Games for the fifities, Sixities, seventies, eighties, and 90's?
Who has the best marching band?
The History of BET Coverage of Black College Football.
Where are they now's?

I know that there are some Black College Football fans that can help us out with copies of Historic Black College Football Games on tape. This would be a great way of marketing Black College Football like it should marketed!

I tell u what, BET and WJTV I think (Jackson) used to show HBCU football games. MBC now televises HBCU games, u could get some folks to call MBC or send e-mails and get a HBCU flashback show, or channel like ESPN got Classic Sports. If u get enough folks u can do it. Do basketball too because the BET used to carry basketball games too and it's been some talent to come throught HBCU's.

Well it will be a difficult challenge.

Unfortunately, it is obvious that BET is not interest in this model.

Furthermore, MBC has showed that it is moving in a slightly different direction in terms of the amount of HBCU sports that they show and although it has shown an interest in rebroadcasting games of the last couple of season. WHile several games maybe instant "Classics" of course the majority of those games would not register as classic games.

In additional, the majority of the older games that would be of interest rights are with BET and doubt that MBC would have business interest in buying those games from BET and showing them on MBC, now BFC (Black Family Channel) with all the BET marketing features on the game film.

:tup: Already guys, it is time for us to put our money where are mouths are. Let's get as many Black College Football Fans to Write, Call or e-mail BET or anyone else that we know that can replay Classic Black College Football Games. We always talk about how big of Black College Football Fans we are, but when the time comes, we know more about Miami, Florida St. and the rest of them. But, we won't stick together and make BET devote a time slot to show Classic Black College Football Games. I will be calling, and e-mailing them to get them to devote a time slot to show those Black College Football Classic Games that will bring back memories. Maybe one day one of us will own a television station that show Black College Sports Memories!

Back