House dems vs Rep. Ilhan Omar

I never understood how a country that wants to call itself a "Christian" country/nation is so beholden to people from a religion contrary to their own.

Ilhan Omar says her refusal to 'pledge allegiance' to Israel does not make her antisemitic

Ilhan Omar has defended herself in the face of criticism after saying she should not need to "have allegiance [or] pledge support" to Israel to serve in the US Congress.

The Minnesota representative was involved in a heated exchange on Twitter with Nita Lowey, a fellow Democratic politician, over her recent comments about the influence of pro-Israel groups in Washington.

"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country," Ms Omar said, at an event on Wednesday, according to The New York Times.

Her statement was immediately criticised by figures on both sides of the aisle in Congress, for using stereotypes about Jewish people.

Ilhan Omar says her refusal to 'pledge allegiance' to Israel does not make her antisemitic

Ilhan Omar has defended herself in the face of criticism after saying she should not need to "have allegiance [or] pledge support" to Israel to serve in the US Congress.

The Minnesota representative was involved in a heated exchange on Twitter with Nita Lowey, a fellow Democratic politician, over her recent comments about the influence of pro-Israel groups in Washington.

"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country," Ms Omar said, at an event on Wednesday, according to The New York Times.

Her statement was immediately criticised by figures on both sides of the aisle in Congress, for using stereotypes about Jewish people.

Ok, so let's get this out there Nita Lowey, lest you think could be a Black woman or a typical white woman, her full name is ;Nita Sue Melnikoff Lowey, she's jewish, so of course she would have an issue with what Rep Omar said.

Yet the freshman AOC is out chea making hit list for fellow legislators who are deemed moderate while trying to co-opt the reparations convo and killing Amazon coming to NYC.

Throw the whole party away.

I would like to know why we (in general) are so hooked up to Israel? I do not get it.

That's an easy one: It's an age old Jewish vs Muslim conflict inclusive of both of their claims to Jerusalem. I'm sure you are aware of but probably never honed in on the current day conflicts with Israel (Jewish) and Iran, Palestinians, Lebanon-Hezbollah etc. (Muslims). The below link has a chronological account of how long this has been going on.

I never understood how a country that wants to call itself a "Christian" country/nation is so beholden to people from a religion contrary to their own.

Remember that Jesus Christ (labeled as King of the Jews) is where Christianity has it's birth. Also, remember that both Jewish and Christians follow the Old Testament but Christians follow the New Testament. Accounts are given that Jesus was born to a young Jewish mother (Mary) in Bethlehem south of Jerusalem. Jesus aim was to reform Judaism which is what followers (Christians) embraced. So, the aforementioned is a synopsis of the kinship that Christians have with the Jewish Country and people keeping in mind that all Jewish people did not elect to follow Christ and his teachings (i'll end here otherwise would be typing all night...lol)

Remember that Jesus Christ (labeled as King of the Jews) is where Christianity has it's birth. Also, remember that both Jewish and Christians follow the Old Testament but Christians follow the New Testament. Accounts are given that Jesus was born to a young Jewish mother (Mary) in Bethlehem south of Jerusalem. Jesus aim was to reform Judaism which is what followers (Christians) embraced. So, the aforementioned is a synopsis of the kinship that Christians have with the Jewish Country and people keeping in mind that all Jewish people did not elect to follow Christ and his teachings (i'll end here otherwise would be typing all night...lol)
That is part of the hypocrisy. Both Muslims and Jews claim to be decendent's of Abraham. As an old white newscaster once said when I was young, "They are first cousins". If what the old testament says is true Esau, the elder brother, was promised to be the Father of a great nation as was Jacob so who has claim to Jerusalem?

We need to stop being so gullible.

That is part of the hypocrisy. Both Muslims and Jews claim to be decendent's of Abraham. As an old white newscaster once said when I was young, "They are first cousins". If what the old testament says is true Esau, the elder brother, was promised to be the Father of a great nation as was Jacob so who has claim to Jerusalem?

We need to stop being so gullible.

We need to stop being so gullible? Who is we? I don't believe the entire country agrees with the ideology that obligation to Israel without limit is feasible. If you are referring to right wing conservative evangelist, that is not going to happen. If you're referring to Republicans which the aforementioned is part of their base then that is not going to happen either. If you're referring to me you've lost your mind.

Thinking America's loyalty to Israel is based on religion is about as believable as thinking that the post-Columbian pillaging (and genocide)of north and south America by European countries and the Roman Catholic church was about 'spreading Christianity " and not stealing gold

Last edited:
Back