Hopkins whips Trinidad

MAXIMUS

In HIS name....
Did anyone see this fight? It really wasn't a fight. Hopkins totally dominated the whole fight. I thought Trinidad was a better fight er than that. I guess when you fight better fighters, you get a reality check.

I saw it. That was that most total domination, humiliation, totally and thorougly and um exciting beating I have seen in recent history. I actually felt sorry for the guy. Why did Tito keep asking his father if he was winning, or worse, why did his father keep telling him yes?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by BulldogM.Ed.23
So does anyone think Roy Jones Jr. will drop back down to Middleweight and fight Hopkins?

NOPE. It'll prove nothing.

Me, Ntelekt, Get Ready and Battle Cat rode all over Huntsville trying to watch the fight after the game. Ntelekt ordered it, but it wouldn't show. A JSU alum living in HSV ordered it and had the same problem. We were reduced to getting updates on ESPN News, and they were telling us that Hopkins got dropped in the 12 round. I guess that was when Hopkins was on the floor celebrating the victory.

Robber

Sorry I missed you guys. I got to the tailgate about 4:40 or so. Every where I went you and GR and company had just left. Nelekt said, y'all would be sitting together on the 50 on A&M's side. I sit on the 50 on A&M's side, but didn't see you guys, I was in the upper deck. I don't move much when I go to a game. I really watch the game, the bathroom have to wait until afterwards....

Maybe we catch you in B'ham , won't be in J-town.

Regards

I was told that Jones Jr. will take the winner of the fight. So hopkins was the winner. But he will be target practice for Jones Jr.

Robber, being the boxing fan that you are, you missed a brilliant exihibition by Bernard Hopkins. After the 2nd round it was all Hopkins, he shook the Butterflies, and went through the feeling out process, of the 1st 2 rounds, and after that Tito was executed.

Tito actually escaped being knocked out in the 11th round, he was rocked, in the 10th as well.

Hopkins took the left hand from him, and made him a one handed fighter. Tito landed some big shots, but that had a no affect whatsoever on Hopkins. Hopkins was never in trouble in the fight, and it looked as if he was playing with Tito at times, at least baiting him in.

Tito was Tito though, stalking Hopkins, trying to cut off the ring, but to no avail, Hopkins had a counterpunches coming in combinations all night, he hit Tito with so many rights, he was begging for a left.

For those of you thinking about a Roy Jones vs. Hopkins fight, don't look for it to happen. The biggest loser in this fight was Roy, there goes the biggest payday of his career down the drain.

Roy wanted Tito, bottom line. Tito talked, and talked, and finally got Roy's attention, and then to go out like he did, will make Roy look like a bully, fighting a fighter who has no chance.

NICE

DNICE
You nailed that one. Besides, Roy has already beaten Bernard Hopkins once. I don't see him doing it again. Hopkins is no closer to Roy now than he was then in terms of skill. Roy lost big-time on Saturday.

Maybe Trinidad's punch isn't as heavy at a higher weight. Hopkins just walked thru his punches.

Back