Hope You Houston Folks Are Okay

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The former mayor of Colorado City,Texas gave all you Texans a piece of his mind. What a "nut" he is! He said You guys need to get off your _________ and provide your own heat, power, and water. and that it is your job to take care your own family in times of crises. Again, what a "nut!"

Last edited:
. I hope things get better soon.

I have had power since 11:30 pm Wednesday night. But at one point, I was without power for 25 hours. Then the power came on for 7 hours. It went off again and I was without power for 38 hours. This was doing the coldest time. Thanks to my mink blankets, that I purchased when in Korea, and Uncle Nearest, ;) we made it though. I have no water pressure right now. But as long as I have heat and lights, well......

I have had power since 11:30 pm Wednesday night. But at one point, I was without power for 25 hours. Then the power came on for 7 hours. It went off again and I was without power for 38 hours. This was doing the coldest time. Thanks to my mink blankets, that I purchased when in Korea, and Uncle Nearest, ;) we made it though. I have no water pressure right now. But as long as I have heat and lights, well......
Mink blankets and Uncle Nearest? Pooping in high cotton.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
For all my non-Texan friends who are seeing the State of Emergency declared in Texas and have no idea what the hell is going on, here ya go:

1. In the 1930s when FDR's infrastructure package was connecting all the power across the country, making 2 grids- the Eastern and the Western that share power throughout their section of the country, Texas said FU we're TEXAS! And built their own damn grid. Seriously.

2. In the late 90s Republican lead Texas said Yee-Haw! We're deregulating everything! Markets fix everything, we don't need no stinking government oversight!

3. Texas hit record cold temperatures. Privately owned power plants never spent the money to invest in winterizing their equipment. The plants that provide us power from natural gas and coal froze. We have raw product, we just can't process it into usable energy and send it out.

4. To prevent the entire state from being without power, they said they would do "rolling blackouts". They didn't roll.

5. Millions of people have been without power for 24-36 hours. Their houses are 30-40 degrees inside. They do not have large fireplaces meant to heat a home, insulation for winter, or proper winter coats.

6. Freezing without power has led to homeowners having tens of thousands of dollars of damage in frozen/broken pipes and pool equipment. In addition frozen pipes mean NO WATER.

7. Some water processing plants in Ft Worth lost power meaning 7 TX cities are under BOIL YOUR WATER restrictions- with no power!!!

8. People are braving the pandemic to huddle at shelters and "warming centers", because they just can't take it anymore.

9. Also, where the grids were functioning as they should, ERCOT cut power because of spot market prices - they were losing money because demand was so high at the current price point. Once they were given emergency permission to charge consumers the spot market price (which is going to translate to enormous electric and gas bills yall) they turned it back on.

Back