Hope You Houston Folks Are Okay

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
For all the people caught off guard...they said this was coming 3 weeks ago. Me, myself, planned ahead with food, water, alternate heat. I will acknowledge, I was fortunate to be able to obtain those things (most was in my hurricane Kit). But talking to those like my neighbor, who come asking me did I have some firewood for his fireplace. Never mind that they just cut a big oak tree in front of his City right away this summer, and I told him than, he better get some of that wood.

Texas isn't an isolated incident. This is what Americans have faced for decades and will continue to face regardless of where we live. Elected officials failed the people of Flint. Elected officials failed Black people in New Orleans during Katrina. Elected officials failed the victims of school and mass shootings. And they've failed 500,000 lost lives and millions more during the current COVID crisis. Red and blue states have all failed us.

For all the people caught off guard...they said this was coming 3 weeks ago. Me, myself, planned ahead with food, water, alternate heat. I will acknowledge, I was fortunate to be able to obtain those things (most was in my hurricane Kit). But talking to those like my neighbor, who come asking me did I have some firewood for his fireplace. Never mind that they just cut a big oak tree in front of his City right away this summer, and I told him than, he better get some of that wood.

he is correct - this was forecasted well in advance. Now couldn't predict the power but freezing and snow was expected. Folks blew it off from administrators to common folks

Texas isn't an isolated incident. This is what Americans have faced for decades and will continue to face regardless of where we live. Elected officials failed the people of Flint. Elected officials failed Black people in New Orleans during Katrina. Elected officials failed the victims of school and mass shootings. And they've failed 500,000 lost lives and millions more during the current COVID crisis. Red and blue states have all failed us.

I agree to a certain point, but there is a difference between failure and neglect. The lack Texas power winterization initiatives and the Covid 19 mitigation issues are a result of neglect, not failure. You can try very hard, yet fail.

Last week, the coldest it got here in Little Rock was either -1 or -2 degrees Celsius. August of this year, I will celebrate my 16th year at my job, and in all that time, I have never missed a day of work due to inclement weather.........until last week. But even when my car got stuck and I had to leave it behind and walk home while it was snowing, it was nothing compared to my youngest daughter, my baby being in Houston with no power for 3.5 days! I was a complete mess last week!
She told me that Monday morning she didn’t have power but she had to work, so she was ok. But when she got off and couldn’t find a place to stay....no hotels, no friends to be found, no co-workers, I almost had a nervous breakdown!
Then I remembered @Quietstorm (Korey).

I called him and asked if he was ok; he had power and was doing good. When I asked if my baby could have just a corner in his home, without hesitation he said, “Most definitely”! I almost started screaming! Korey was so gracious, he let my child stay with him and his mother until her power was restored.

I hope Texans get rid of Abbott, Cruz, and all those idiot, low-life, crooked, no-good, blood-sucking sapsuckers! Vote them ALL out!

God is good! He's always on time!

Last week, the coldest it got here in Little Rock was either -1 or -2 degrees Celsius. August of this year, I will celebrate my 16th year at my job, and in all that time, I have never missed a day of work due to inclement weather.........until last week. But even when my car got stuck and I had to leave it behind and walk home while it was snowing, it was nothing compared to my youngest daughter, my baby being in Houston with no power for 3.5 days! I was a complete mess last week!
She told me that Monday morning she didn’t have power but she had to work, so she was ok. But when she got off and couldn’t find a place to stay....no hotels, no friends to be found, no co-workers, I almost had a nervous breakdown!
Then I remembered @Quietstorm (Korey).

I called him and asked if he was ok; he had power and was doing good. When I asked if my baby could have just a corner in his home, without hesitation he said, “Most definitely”! I almost started screaming! Korey was so gracious, he let my child stay with him and his mother until her power was restored.

I hope Texans get rid of Abbott, Cruz, and all those idiot, low-life, crooked, no-good, blood-sucking sapsuckers! Vote them ALL out!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
God is good! He's always on time!

I’m bout to tell you just HOW good God is....

The 2nd night my baby was without power, she texted me from Korey’s house, and said, “Momma, Mr. Korey’s power just went out”!

I just started praying. About 30 minutes later, she texted again, and said, “He has a generator”. About an hour later she texted and said they got gas for the generator and it was up and running, with the lights and heat back on.

Less than 18 hours later, @Quietstorm had his power restored!

Well, I am not on a fixed rate plan, so I guess I am screwed. :mad:
Those super bills you've been hearing about are from households that purchase their electricity off of a wholesale plan. Hopefully, others with variable rates don't get hit too hard.

Back