Honda Battle of the Bands

bam Bam

I'm not normally a Grambling fan, but Grambling stole the show. They were by far the best band. They did a good job representing the SWAC.

Keep up the good work !!!!

Originally posted by bam Bam
I'm not normally a Grambling fan, but Grambling stole the show. They were by far the best band. They did a good job representing the SWAC.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I wouldn't go that far with that statement. But they did alright. Not your typical slawness they usually distribute......

no one won, it wasn't judged.

Sorry, but I and the other 44,500 people in attendance can not agree with that statement. I'll admitt, GSU was good and very entertaining, but by far they were not the best band there, and nor did they steal the show.

Here is my opinion

Morehouse: I really did not see their band, because I got there late, so I really can't judge their performance

Johnson C. Smith: They surprised me. I have never seen there band before in my life, but despite there small number, they sounded good, and the crowd seemed to have liked them. Their dance routine received alot of house when they brought the fat dude out. Good jobs.

Tuskegee: There band was basically boring:sleeping: :sleeping: The only house you guys received were when your announced you all when you were coming on the field. Your drill was straight elementary, you could not understand nothing they were playing, and you all played like 2 FAMU arrangements Why? Dance routine was straight crickets.

Tennessee State: Surprised me. Although it was not the best show, but it was clean. TSU was the best drilling band there. The formation and floating of the BIG T across the field was tight. The step 2 drill was tight, the Sophisticated Ladies should have sat down somewhere, The dance routine was hype to me, but a little short, I like the part when you all made a house during the dance routine, and you all did a break down in the TSU formation, that was first, Overall good job.

FAMU: What can I say. Like the announcer said, "Grambling, TSU, Morris Brown, etc,. what you see before you is DRUMLINE. The 100 shut the Georgia Dome DDDDOOOOWWWNNN!!!!

Grambling did alright

What a surprise, Grambling actually looked better than most of the bands that participated.

In Conclusion: TOP 3

1. FAMU

2. Grambling

3. Tenn St

SU & J-State should have been there so it could have been a real "battle of the bands" :hat:

I really don't know what to say about the whole thing. I am very pleased with the performance that we (Grambling) had. It was a very stressful and hurtful week, but we managed to pull things together in the end. To me the show was very entertaining and it is very hard to get people who are supporting other participating schools to give you house like we got. All I can say is that of course there are many other bands who were good enough to play in this BOTB but I'm very happy that we got a chance to do it. My opinion about the ratings are:

1. Grambling (no one expected it!!!)
2. FAMU (they did what everyone expected)
3. Morris Brown
4. - 8. I didn't get to see any other bands perform, but from the crowd's reaction I'm pretty sure you all did well (with the exception of Morehouse.)

YOU CAN HATE US BUT YOU WILL RESPECT US!!! :saw: :kaioken: :swink: :dude:

Interesting. My sources said that FAMU won the battle of the bands!

OK

IT WASN'T A COMPETITION IT WAS A BAND SHOWCASE. FAMU WAS THE TYPICAL FAMU BUT GRAMBLING WAS MIND BLOWING THEY WERE VERY CREATIVE AND SET THEIR SELVES APART FROM THE REST. I'M PROUD OF GSU THE SWAC WAS REPRESENTED. NEXT YEAR I KNOW JSU OR SU WILL REPRESENT THE SWAC AS WELL. BUT THIS YEAR HATS OFF TO GSU. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND LET IT FLOW THROUGH NEXT FOOTBALL SEASON.

I agree. FAMU wasn't that good to me. They just had a lot of the crowd's support. They did what they normally do and sometimes that can be boring. I'm not saying that their show was boring but no matter what anyone says, GSU got more house than any of the bands and that's a lot to say knowing that we were the farthest band from Atlanta with a lot of FAMU, Morris Brown, etc. fans.

It was a very good battle, GSU was great and the rest of the bands put on very entertaing shows..

GSU
FAMU
Morris Brown

The Mass Band preformance was a once and a lifetime event.

IT WAS A GOOD EVENT. THE ORGANIZERS OF THE EVENT SHOULD BE PROUD. EVERY BAND HAD SOMETHING TO OFFER. I ENJOYED EACH BAND. HONDA IS OFF TO A GREAT START. I HOPE EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO COMPETE IN THIS EVENT. I ENJOYED:

THE WORLD FAMED
JOHNSON C. SMITH
CLARK ATLANTA
FAMU

I REALLY HOPE THEY LET ENITRELY NEW BANDS (other than the atlanta bands) PERFORM IN 2004. THE MASS BAND PERFORMANCE WAS COOL. THEY USED GSU'S VERSION OF THE "NATIONAL ANTHEM" AND FAMU'S VERSION OF "TOTAL PRAISE." IT SOUNDED LIKE MORRIS BROWNS VERSON OF "BEEN AWAY". I HOPE THEY HONOR CONRAD HUTCHINSON JR. IN 2004.

Hello everyone

Was there at the Battle of the Bands on I have to say I am not a FAMU fan but they Gave the Best show by Far. Their DM's are off the chain. That was the only time I was paying attention to the entire show. GSU was impressive but the thing from drumline was boring to me.
Shout out to all my bruhs and sorors that were holing it down in ATL.

That wasn't an arrangement by Lindsey Sargeant. It was from Henry Filmore I think it was just recommended by our band staff.

The FAMU comments...well I won't fall into the trap. Typical statments by SWACers for those of you who enjoyed the show we appreciate YOU.

For the record....grambling didn't get more house then the rest of the bands. FAMU got more house then everybody just by walking out from under the stands. All that house MBC thought they got when they left the field was for us cause we stepped up to the sideline when they marched off. When the DM's walked onto the field 10x as much house. Rather any of you like it or not we're a crowd favorite and we live up to our expectations unlike some of you. If you don't like us that's fine but don't deprive us of the truth.

on that note..... all of the bands did their thing.ONly two bands that left more to be desired was Tuskgee and Morehouse.

The best bands: (leaving out FAMU of course cause I attend)

TnSU
GSU
JCSU
CAU

Grambling's show was the most entertaining by far. Many of the people were going for FAMU but they couldn't help but to cheer us on. Also, who cares who wrote the National Anthem. It wasn't Grambling's, it was a sorry arangement and it's not our fault that everyone couldn't learn ours in time. FAMU, no one is hating on you. Of course you all were good, but it takes something GREAT to steal the show. If you aren't STUPID, you won't get offended.

well woodwindangel, i think we (UAPB) actually play the same arrangement of the national anthem as GSU. but it dont sound bad when we play it so u cant call it sorry!

Originally posted by woodwindangel
Grambling's show was the most entertaining by far. Many of the people were going for FAMU but they couldn't help but to cheer us on. Also, who cares who wrote the National Anthem. It wasn't Grambling's, it was a sorry arangement and it's not our fault that everyone couldn't learn ours in time. FAMU, no one is hating on you. Of course you all were good, but it takes something GREAT to steal the show. If you aren't STUPID, you won't get offended.

You all don't have "your own" National Anthem. The one they sent to everyone I played that in HS. As a matter of fact Alot of bands up the East Coast including HBCU's play that crap. A&T, JCSU......eiether way, it wasn't a good choice for a massive band performance. Besides none of you knew EITHER version reguardless of which one we played so I guess it really didn't matter to you guys which one we played since you just stood there anyway. Don't lie cause I stood right next to you.....especially if you play woodwind ~smh~.

I ain't offended...the only thing I'm offended by is that you all think you put on a "GREAT" show with lots of great "GIMMICKS" but you sounded like hot siht in the process. That hurts me to my heart............

Back