Honda Battle of The Bands

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The 2018 performance lineup includes:
  • Hampton University, The Marching Force (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – first appearance
  • Alabama A&M University, Marching Maroon & White Band (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – fifth appearance
  • Miles College, Purple Marching Machine (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) – first appearance
  • Prairie View A&M University, Marching Storm (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – eighth appearance
  • North Carolina A&T State University, Blue & Gold Marching Machine (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – sixth appearance
  • Alabama State University, Mighty Marching Hornets (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – sixth appearance
  • Tennessee State University, Aristocrat of Bands (Ohio Valley Athletic Conference) – eighth appearance
  • Bethune-Cookman University, Marching Wildcats (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – 13th appearance
http://www.hondabattleofthebands.com/press?id=32

I wanna shout out Showtimeweb .... he's always on point in consistently putting out quality videos.

Everyone did well, I can tell that the HBCU band world has evolved again. It's way more competitive and innovative than ever

ATLANTA, Jan. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- A crowd of 62,000 fans, students and alumni took part in the 16th annual Honda Battle of the Bands Invitational Showcase (HBOB) on Saturday, where they enjoyed spectacular performances by eight of the nation's top Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) marching bands and GRAMMY Award-winning R&B group 112. This year's HBOB theme, "March On. Dream Together," highlighted the distinctive culture of HBCU with a musical extravaganza of unparalleled musicianship, pageantry and camaraderie.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...re-and-marching-band-tradition-300589252.html

ATLANTA, Jan. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- A crowd of 62,000 fans, students and alumni took part in the 16th annual Honda Battle of the Bands Invitational Showcase (HBOB) on Saturday, where they enjoyed spectacular performances by eight of the nation's top Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) marching bands and GRAMMY Award-winning R&B group 112. This year's HBOB theme, "March On. Dream Together," highlighted the distinctive culture of HBCU with a musical extravaganza of unparalleled musicianship, pageantry and camaraderie.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...re-and-marching-band-tradition-300589252.html
I doubt there was 62,000 people there. On videos and pictures I saw it doesn’t even look like it’s over 40,000.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
There are so many restaurants and plenty of digital screens throughout that you literally do no have to sit in your seat to watch an event. You can be anywhere in that stadium while enjoying food and drinks and not miss a thing. It is like a giant playground! Definitely something to see.

The 2018 performance lineup includes:
  • Hampton University, The Marching Force (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – first appearance
  • Alabama A&M University, Marching Maroon & White Band (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – fifth appearance
  • Miles College, Purple Marching Machine (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) – first appearance
  • Prairie View A&M University, Marching Storm (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – eighth appearance
  • North Carolina A&T State University, Blue & Gold Marching Machine (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – sixth appearance
  • Alabama State University, Mighty Marching Hornets (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – sixth appearance
  • Tennessee State University, Aristocrat of Bands (Ohio Valley Athletic Conference) – eighth appearance
  • Bethune-Cookman University, Marching Wildcats (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – 13th appearance
http://www.hondabattleofthebands.com/press?id=32

Man I severely behind on Honda looking at some of these appearance counts....

Honda will not be in ATL next year, Due to the SuperBowl being in ATL

Why can't they just move the date? It seems like Honda should be a "flexible" event in a sense that it isn't married to a specific date/holiday like how the Bayou Classic is to Thanksgiving weekend or how Essence is around the 4th of July.

I doubt there was 62,000 people there. On videos and pictures I saw it doesn’t even look like it’s over 40,000.
I was there, there had 2 be well over 60,000 the empty seats at the bottom were whrre the bands were seated, whereas previous the bands sat in the end zone.

HondaBattleoftheBand.jpg

Back