Homepage pop-up

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
Is anyone else getting a pop-up, asking to download something when you visit the homepage? It has happened in both chrome and internet explorer for me consistently over the past few months.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Is anyone else getting a pop-up, asking to download something when you visit the homepage? It has happened in both chrome and internet explorer for me consistently over the past few months.

Yep, I mentioned it to Kenn during the basketball tournament because it is a form of malware if someone accidently downloads it.

Yep, I mentioned it to Kenn during the basketball tournament because it is a form of malware if someone accidently downloads it.

And as I told you, it is not "malware". If it was, Google would have blocked this site log ago and would have informed everyone that this site is not safe to visit.

And as I told you, it is not "malware". If it was, Google would have blocked this site log ago and would have informed everyone that this site is not safe to visit.

Just to add my two cents, I use FireFox and I've never seen a pop up on the homepage.

Just to add my two cents, I use FireFox and I've never seen a pop up on the homepage.

There aren't any pop-ups on the "homepage" where news is posted. I think they are referring to the front page of the message board.

It may not be specifically "malware" but it does contain some type of trojan in it, just like this new one asking to download "jzip"

yeah a few days ago i accidentally click download while trying to close it...and my antivirus quickly deleted it.

Computer users that have become victims of the fake WinZIP alternative jZIP will probably find that their homepage has been changed to Search.jzip.com. This annoying website is very difficult to remove from your browser through normal means. Even if you go into your Internet browser's settings and try to restore your homepage or if you try to uninstall jZIP normally, chances are that Search.jzip.com will remain as your default homepage. According to ESG malware researchers, jZIP is not a reliable compressing or decompressing utility. This application actually uses malware tactics to force Search.jzip.com's way onto your operating system and to prevent you from removing Search.jzip.com. To avoid this kind of malware, ESG security researchers strongly recommend fully researching any programs you wish to install onto your computer system. A few minutes of research can save you the long and tedious process of removing a jZIP from your computer system.

Back