Homecoming 2021

Polecat561

Afternoon fellow SWAC posters. Forgive me for having the football willies...but I just thought I'd ask. Would do you think should be the first team BCU and FAMU should invite for homecoming? And again, who would be the first team to invite either team for their homecoming?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Afternoon fellow SWAC posters. Forgive me for having the football willies...but I just thought I'd ask. Would do you think should be the first team BCU and FAMU should invite for homecoming? And again, who would be the first team to invite either team for their homecoming?

That's a tough question. If you plan on winning homecoming for sure, I would say the best bet would be UAPB, TXSU or MVSU though those three aren't a guarantee. 4th, I would go with Bama State. Don't invite AAMU or PVU because they might mess your homecoming up depending on which way the wind is blowing.....LOL

That depends on whether you want to win or lose your homecoming. LOL If it is important for you to walk away with a W, then you might want to invite _____________ But if you want a really competitive game that might result in a W, then you should consider inviting ______________________.

That's a tough question. If you plan on winning homecoming for sure, I would say the best bet would be UAPB, TXSU or MVSU though those three aren't a guarantee. 4th, I would go with Bama State. Don't invite AAMU or PVU because they might mess your homecoming up depending on which way the wind is blowing.....LOL

Lol. Sounds like experience with a missed/ converted field goal in overtime.

So I take it that nobody, with the exception of the Bama schools would invite one of the Florida schools based on travel? It does make since , but truth be told, either would be competitive. BUT for the sake of having a larger gate, FAMU does travel better. Both bands will perform well. But of course, you know what the Wil'cat in me would say...(TBC when them snakes show up in here for the Florida Classic 2021)...not the COVID Claasic...

Lol. Sounds like experience with a missed/ converted field goal in overtime.

So I take it that nobody, with the exception of the Bama schools would invite one of the Florida schools based on travel? It does make since , but truth be told, either would be competitive. BUT for the sake of having a larger gate, FAMU does travel better. Both bands will perform well. But of course, you know what the Wil'cat in me would say...(TBC when them snakes show up in here for the Florida Classic 2021)...not the COVID Claasic...

Most athletic directors in this conference don't invite big-ticket teams to homecoming to maximize their revenue. Schools don't normally need a marquis name to fill their stands for homecoming.

2018: A QB starting his first game threw a pick 6 with under 5 minutes to go giving BCU a 41-27 victory for their HC
2019: BCU scored on two TDs and a pick 6 winning 22-6. If we had anything that resembled a competent QB, we win

Both games we hold their QB to their worst statistical performance of the season. Now that we seemingly have solved that with 2 3-star transfers, I probably would wanna avoid scheduling for HC bait with a 3rd year coach

I guess one thing I have to keep in mind is schools don't see ALL of the SWAC schools as opposed to the MEAC. So in reality, for BCU you would only have EAST schools to choose from or be chosen by??...Maybe? Maybe not. Is it more common for school to choose an out of conference school or non-divional school for homecoming? Just trying to get up to speed...

2018: A QB starting his first game threw a pick 6 with under 5 minutes to go giving BCU a 41-27 victory for their HC
2019: BCU scored on two TDs and a pick 6 winning 22-6. If we had anything that resembled a competent QB, we win

Both games we hold their QB to their worst statistical performance of the season. Now that we seemingly have solved that with 2 3-star transfers, I probably would wanna avoid scheduling for HC bait with a 3rd year coach

So are we the same BCU you guys faced in those years? Or are you saying you all would schedule us for homecoming?

Most athletic directors in this conference don't invite big-ticket teams to homecoming to maximize their revenue. Schools don't normally need a marquis name to fill their stands for homecoming.
Grambling played JSU a few years ago for homecoming

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back