Home Remedies to Battle Viruses

Herbert77060

Texas Southern University
Was texting a friend who has a company like mine and he suggested gargling with saltwater to help combat Covid-19. I started to think about what my great-aunt and uncle use to use for home remedies. While these may not be cures they can't hurt.

Let's list some home remedies that may help combat this thing.

Saltwater gargles at least 4 times a day
Listerine gargle (original)
Lemon/lime water or tea (no sugar). Can add honey.

Please feel free to add more...

Last edited:
My daughter-in-law sent me a video of a guy touting steaming to kill the virus. I am not fond of unproven stuff on the internet so I am not posting the link. I mean why should it take a person 15 minutes to say boil a pot of water and inhale the steam.

My great-aunt use to have me do this but they would pour boiling water in a bowl and add Vick's Vapor Rub...put a towel over my head. It was a homemade vaporizer.

My daughter-in-law sent me a video of a guy touting steaming to kill the virus. I am not fond of unproven stuff on the internet so I am not posting the link. I mean why should it take a person 15 minutes to say boil a pot of water and inhale the steam.

My great-aunt use to have me do this but they would pour boiling water in a bowl and add Vick's Vapor Rub...put a towel over my head. It was a homemade vaporizer.

One has to be careful with some of those old home remedies. Older people in the country use to tout sassafras tea as a remedy for the common cold. It was found by researchers that it's poisonous.

Back