Holy Spirit Empowerment & Encouragment: December 2016

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
As we are a couple days past the international Celebration of the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is only fitting that we close out 2016 with our last mountain that pays tribute to the Messiah. But before I present you with this last mountain, let’s do a recap of our 4 previous mountains:

• August 2016: Mount Moriah-emphasis of obedience to God and His provision for us

• September 2016: Mount Sinai-emphasis of the promises of God and His covenant with us

• October 2016: Mount Zion-emphasis of God’s anointing on our lives and living as His chosen

• November 2016: Mount Carmel-emphasis of what it means to be in exile for God and facing opposition while doing His work
As we reflect on 2016 and anticipate 2017, it is my prayer that something from the Holy Spirit E&E has strengthened and encouraged the Body of Christ, and perhaps triggered a lost soul with a great desire to know more about God and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. I thank everyone who has taken the time to read (and respond) to the posts. I ask one last time this year to again, lace up your boots, grab your binoculars and compass, and secure your safety ropes and lanyard. In tribute to He whose birth we celebrate, we’re about to climb Mount Tabor* and see what happened to Jesus.

Mount Tabor* (The Mount of Transfiguration)

Anchor: Luke 9: 28-37
Carabiner: Luke 9:37

From the time of his birth, Jesus was actively and obedient in His earthly mission. For about 3 years, He performed His work of preaching, healing, performing miracles, serving others. While doing the work and will of His father, our Lord, He selected and groomed His disciples, teaching & preparing them to carry the Gospel onward after His departure from Earth. Soon, His work would bring Him back to Jerusalem, where His passion would be made complete.

Again, Jesus went up a particular mountain to pray, and took with Him only 3 of His disciples. While there were 12 disciples, Jesus took Peter, James, and John with Him. These 3 were of the first disciples He bid to follow Him; they were the same 3 He allowed in the room with Him when He raised Jairus’s daughter from the dead, and they were the same 3 He had with Him in Gethsemane. *NOTE: These 3 particular disciples do not signify favoritism, but rather the carefulness and selectiveness of those whose faith development indicates readiness to experience certain things. It is important in our walk that we too, as Christians and Believers, take note of those in the Body of Christ that demonstrate such faith and allow them to share in our Christian journey.

During His prayer, the Lord transfigured. This is the result of the conversation He had with God, His father. While the substance of His body remained the same, it matched that of His face. He was no longer the physical representation of a human male the disciples were used to, but now made new, radiant in Spiritual purity, power, and glory! During this Spiritual experience, the disciples present were able to witness the Lord talking with Moses and Elijah (representation of the Law and the Prophets), both of whom knew that Jesus was fulfillment of the Law and the words of the Prophets.

I can’t speak enough of the mountains we as Believers will have to face in this life. I can’t tell enough of how hard it will get, how much it will hurt, and how heavy it will feel living a life in Christ. He was and still is the greatest example of the sufferings that come with living a life in obedience AND servitude to God. But, greater still, I cannot profess the importance of climbing on anyhow. I beg you, again, to never be weary in climbing your mountain(s). By taking Peter, James, and John with Him, the Lord allowed them a privileged Spiritual experience that would strengthen their faith for the challenges they would face later. So, it is in our climbing that we gain the strength needed to do the work God has called for us to do for those challenging days ahead. And when we reach the top of our very own Mount Tabor*, rejoice in the transfiguration that God will allow you to experience as you take on some of His glory…..just as our Savior Jesus Christ did!

Again, thank you all for your time. Be blessed in the Lord, and the grace of Christ Jesus be with you always!

References:

Damon Williams, writer, “The Ultimate Climb: Hiking Up to Meet God”. Vacation Bible School (Adult).

Mark 5: 21-25; 35-43 (KJV)

*NOTE: it has been disagreed by many Biblical scholars and theologians about the exact location of The Transfiguration. Many believe it did occur on Mount Tabor, but the mountain is NOT mentioned in the New Testament of the King James Version of the Holy Bible. Many believe The Transfiguration took place on Mount Hermon, as it was significantly taller and bigger than Tabor, and it is also located near Caesarea Philippi, where Jesus and his disciples were just prior to this Spiritual experience. Readers are encouraged to read the Holy Bible (King James Version) for confirmation.

Last edited:

@96lioness ... thank you for the Mountains of our Maker. They have been an encouragement to me, and I appreciate you taking the time to post and share them with us.

I want to thank you as well, Big Thunder. You've read, responded to, or "liked" every single E&E I've posted. I'm so very thankful for the little maturity and growth in Jesus I've reached, and am so thankful that God placed this on my heart to share with His people. It's always been my prayer that the Body of Christ grow stronger together in love and unity, and that we strengthen each other in our journey with God and in doing His will and work. Even if it's only one person who connects with Christ, or re-establishes a relationship with Him through these Spiritual encouragements, it's still worth my time.

I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as well as the other brothers who have always been there, encouraged & supported me since Day 1 @LAW DAWG @BulldogM.Ed.23 @JSUTigers1877

Back