Holy Spirit Empowerment & Encouragement: July 2016

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
To those who believe in & worship God, the Father, creator of Heaven & Earth; in Jesus Christ, the Crucifixion & Resurrection; in the Holy Spirit that comforts & discerns.

Before I post the Holy Spirit Encouragement & Empowerment for July, I have to first post what was our sermon text this past Sunday. I normally don’t post a sermon as soon as I hear one due to the fact I wait and post what God gives me. But tonight, even while I’m at work, I hear the Holy Spirit, telling me what to say. Only being in obedience, I’ll post this first:

Our Black men are being gunned down right before our eyes. Our Black sons, brothers, nephews, cousins, grandsons, friends are being murdered in broad daylight right in the public eye. We’ve reached a point now that so many of our Black brothers are leaving home with no guarantee of returning that same night to their families. Human life especially that of a Black man is not taken into consideration. What’s even more discouraging is that no justice, no retribution, no punishment is being brought down on the many law enforcement officers who have sworn to “protect and serve” the community.

This is a shaky world and America is vastly becoming more and more violent and chaotic. Not only have things gotten out of control with law enforcement, but also in the political arena, the city councils and town halls, in the corporate executive boardrooms, in our schools, homes, on our jobs…….things are just a mess. And with all that’s happening, society continues to give the message that there’s absolutely nothing to this God/Bible/church life. And yes, it’s such a wrong world, it’s enough to make any Christian/Believer want to simply walk away and give up the fight. But in this critical time, we as Christians/Believers must make a critical decision: do we give up or do we make up our mind to persevere and keep going in God?

One of the biggest misconceptions and myths about being a Christian/Believer is that our life is supposed to be free of pain, sorrow, struggles, suffering. On the contrary; because we are joint heirs with Christ, we partake in suffering because He first suffered for us. We have to keep moving forward in the knowledge and wisdom we’ve received from the Word of God, and must importantly remember He who has given us this wisdom and understanding. God has not only given us the knowledge to fight back, but has also the knowledge on how to fight back and has already given us the victory. So we, as members of the Body of Christ, have no choice but to continue our trust in God, who does allow the suffering of the righteous at the hand of the wicked. We have to endure, knowing that God is sovereign and just, and that no matter what is happening, no matter what the media says, no matter what your hitters and haters say..........God still is in control. We have to trust God even when man’s wrong actions and wrong judgment temporarily prevails. We have to trust in the Lion of Judah, who is Conqueror over this world, knowing that His judgement will come, and His retribution will be swift.

When you give up on God, you walk away from Him. When you walk away from God, you walk straight into a mess.

So, please don’t give up. Keep focused, keep watching, keep praying, keep fighting the good fight, keep standing. And when you’ve done all that……..keep standing!

References:

"Under Attack"
William L. Robinson, Pastor
First Baptist Church

Scriptural References:
II Timothy 3:12
Habakkuk (entire book)
Luke 19:41
Revelation 5:5

Last edited:

Back