High Blood Pressure

kbSU89

My blood pressure was measured at 120/90 which is pre-hypertension. I have been suffering with headaches and I kinda felt my pressure was the reason. Both my parents are on meds for it.

The doctor gave me a prescription(have not filled it yet) so I hope it helps. She wants the 90 to decrease so in a month I have to go back

What type of foods should I be eating? I am attempting to start exercising regularly so ya'll please pray for me on that, my schedule is very hectic

I am not a salt person at all, but I know some foods have very high sodium content. Will watch what I eat.:retard:

I'm am a big dude and I thought I had High blood Pressure based on the test I took at a local Kroger. So I started exercising 4 times a week and walking everywhere I could.

I then scheduled an appointment with my doctor a month later and it was low. This is the second time I did this.

They recommended that I continue to walk 30 minutes at least 3-4 time a week. Lay off a lot of red meat and eat fish and chicken. Season your food with herbs,lemon juice and Ms Dash. No salt in that. But what people don't realize you need some salt for the iodine. You will have to stay away from processed food. Deli meat, chips all have a lot of salt. Look for low salt items, unsalted trail mixes to cut down on salt.

I've also been told by my doctor that diabetes can cause your pressure to go up. So it you have that then you will probably get the other.

Make sure you get your colesterol checked too. Oatmeal and a aspirin a day works on my colesterol and heart. Now just need to leave Sugarary products alone..

Just try to stay away from from fried foods as much as possible. Make sure you read labels for sodium content, you would be suprised which foods have a high sodium content. Some cold medicines raise your blood pressure as well (Thera-Flu). I take four pills a day for my blood pressure.

Just try to stay away from from fried foods as much as possible. Make sure you read labels for sodium content, you would be suprised which foods have a high sodium content. Some cold medicines raise your blood pressure as well (Thera-Flu). I take four pills a day for my blood pressure.

Thanks for this info. I have been taking all kinds of cold medicines for the last week such as Thera-flu and I did notice that my headaches got worst. God surely looks after babies and fools, because I was in San Francisco last week and I was sick all week. I went to the pharmacy and he was going to give me some strong meds, but I did not have any ID with me. He did ask me about my pressure and I did not think it was high, thank GOD I never got the meds.

I have started today on my diet program.

tell me those numbers are based on your height and weight. I just had a physical two weeks ago and mine was 126/90 and no one said anything!

My blood pressure was measured at 120/90 which is pre-hypertension. I have been suffering with headaches and I kinda felt my pressure was the reason. Both my parents are on meds for it.

The doctor gave me a prescription(have not filled it yet) so I hope it helps. She wants the 90 to decrease so in a month I have to go back

What type of foods should I be eating? I am attempting to start exercising regularly so ya'll please pray for me on that, my schedule is very hectic

I am not a salt person at all, but I know some foods have very high sodium content. Will watch what I eat.:retard:

Eat lots of whole grain foods (like oatmeal, cheerios, stuff with a bunch of fiber in it etc).

You should eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

And you can eat lean meat as well....

tell me those numbers are based on your height and weight. I just had a physical two weeks ago and mine was 126/90 and no one said anything!

They try to come up with a person average if you see the same doctor all the time. But 140/90 is really considered to be hypertension.

You guys take care of the Hypertension. As I am one stricten with this condition. I thought I could dodge it as long as possible...However, with family predisposition and weight and eating issues.. I have struggled to get this under control. My BP has been as low as 121/85------high as 166/115
2nd one scare the crap out me... but was more work related than anything.

Meds may work but often needs to be tweaked.

Back