Hey, you Grambling fans

McNeese72

Have you guys started spring drills yet? And, if so, how are they going?

We've been going for about two weeks and just had our second scrimmage, Saturday and finish up with our Spring Game, Thursday night. I'm looking forward to the game down here to start the season.

If any of you guys are as bored as me, check the link below for some pictures of McNeese's second scrimmage:

McNeese Scrimmage Pictures

fs3160299run2.jpg

Originally posted by HORNETSWARM
That's really SU in disguise.

If that's the case, the blue & gold will scare the ish outta the G-men. Maybe they shouldn't have taken the game, huh.

Last season

We went 8-4 last year. 8-3 in the regular season, losing to Texas A&M and Western Kentucky and giving a game away to Stephen F. Austin. (Had three ints. returned for TD's). And we lost to Maine in the I-AA playoffs. Here's a link to last year's season:

Geauxcowboys McNeese Football Page

Southern

>>If that's the case, the blue & gold will scare the ish outta the G-men. Maybe they shouldn't have taken the game, huh.<<

Speaking of Southern, from what I understand, we will probably be playing a home and home with the Jags in 2003 and 2004. So that means we could be playing Grambling and Southern back to back in 2003. Could be fun. ;)

Smack

I'll have to decline. I'm too old for that crap! I learned a long time ago if you do a lot of trash talking, no matter how good your team is, sooner or later you'll have to eat some crow. And I don't like to the taste of crow. ;)

Vic King

main0117run4.jpg

2003 & 2004

When the Jaguar Nation roll in town where will your fans seat? We will need the whole vistor side plus.

On the grass :)

Probably on the grass on the hills in the endzone! :)

We don't really have a visitors side. We sell season tickets on both sides.

I'm hoping some of our lazy ass fans who wait to the last minute to buy game tickets learn a hard lesson when they get stuck sitting on the grass when Grambling comes to town. I don't know where the hell we are going to put everybody if we host Southern. Southern fans are probably the best traveling fans in I-AA.

Old picture of Cowboy Stadium from 95 with old pressbox and scoreboard.

stad35.jpg

Stadium

Capacity is just 17,500 but we have had 20,000+ in the past.

A shot of the westside stands showing the newer pressbox.

au01gwestside2.jpg

Johnson

I'm not familiar with him. But if he does he has a lot of people in front on him. Vic King, Aaron Pierce, Jacob Prim and Marcus Trahan.

>>like the PIT at GSU, just smaller <<

Similar nicknames then, too. "The Pit" at GSU. At McNeese the stadium is nicknamed "The Hole" because the field is set below groundlevel.

Should be an interesting and fun game. Unlike the Prairie View and Alcorn St. games here last year. Average score in those two games was 55-7. ;)

Back