Hey TSU, a Homecoming question.

O'Bladerunner

And Down!
How true is it...that the reason why your homecoming got moved from the evening slot (6:30pm) to 4pm, was because JY's alumni base is stronger and holds more "weight" than TSU's? And, that more people in the Houston area would rather go to JY's homecoming than TSU's.

Is this true? If not, what was the sole reason behind it.

An honest question.

Not in any way does this have any truth.

The University, the Office of Alumni Affairs and TSUNAA scheduled functions, golf tournamets, parties, mixers and concerts 10 months in advance to arrive at a 4 pm start so that everything coincides with one another.

Jack Yates had nothing to do with it. I should know as I am apart of the TSUNAA Homecoming Committee. The time had never been revised for anyone.

In addition Yates Homecoming was schedule for November 2, only about 3 weeks ago. I know this because my daughter plays in Jack Yates band. Also do to the fact Yates has not been winning lately, the crowds are not what they use to be.

Originally posted by East Tex Tiger
In addition Yates Homecoming was schedule for November 2, only about 3 weeks ago. I know this because my daughter plays in Jack Yates band. Also do to the fact Yates has not been winning lately, the crowds are not what they use to be.
Ok...thanks for the info. I figured that that couldn't be it. But, when you have one side of the story (esp. JY's side :rolleyes: ...I work with JY's band)....research has to take place.

East Tex:
Have we met before? Im one of the two dudes from SU working with JY's band this year. What does your daughter play?

PS- To my knowledge, JY's Homecoming date has always been the same. Am I reading that statement wrong?

I saw Yates play BTW 2 weeks ago and their support is down, way down. Yates could play with TSU side by side and not hurt their attendance. A deep playoff run or a new stadium in 3rd ward that is close to the school is the only way Yates will generate a crowd.

homecoming should have been this weekend. Your setting up another big loss at the gate by playing Clark after watching your season go pop against Gram. Common sense tells you to schedule homecoming against a weak opponent with no pull. Someone told me on the homecoming committee they wanted the game against Clark but the president with the PHD wanted it against Gram. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Blu Panther
Someone told me on the homecoming committee they wanted the game against Clark but the president with the PHD wanted it against Gram. :rolleyes:

Homecoming committee has 0 "ZERO" say so on who a school plays for homecoming unless they lobby for it a year or two in advance. You all know the schedules have to be submitted to SWAC office way befor Homecoming Comittee plans anything.

Secondly, it's not the pres's falul she had a coach blowing smoak on what he would have the team looking like. I mean think about it what if both were undefeated like in San Antonio. The game would have been super packed. Lamont Had her thinking he could coach.

Come on Bladerunner, you are college educated. What in the hell would make you believe something like that? After posting what I posted yesterday I called our National Alumni President and told him someone raised that question and he couldn't stop laughing.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
Come on Bladerunner, you are college educated. What in the hell would make you believe something like that? After posting what I posted yesterday I called our National Alumni President and told him someone raised that question and he couldn't stop laughing.
C-Leb:
Don't mistake me for one of these brain-dead, smack-happy saps on here. Im nowhere near it.

Once again....that's why I made this post....cuz I didn't believe it. What I was told about the situation...I knew better to believe. But, then again, I knew the situation had TSU & JY involved. And, from my short stint with JY's band (and administration), Ive learned that alot of strange things can happen when it's "big" decision making time...and I know TSU ain't far behind. So, I wanted to see how much of it was tru....if any. I live in Houston...but, I went to SU. So, it's gonna be some things that are run a lil different, or some situations that are handled in different ways. And, Im educated enough to know that everything ain't what it seems, and to ask quetions.

I grew up in MoCity, not 3rd Ward. And, I know the more 3rd Ward and MoCity are alike....the more they are way different. I've noticed some of the things that have been done in higher offices at both JY and TSU that have left me clueless in the past.

I try to do my research first....that's why this is on the Sports Board, instead of the Smack Board.

PS- R.I.P. to my uncle Willie Criddle Jr.

Thanks for the responces.
Bladerunner.:)

Back