Hey Jags

schweeble1996

What fanfares are you guys playing this year. Has Doc pulled out the cok-a-cola song(one of my fav) and has mr Knighten pulled out "This is for you," let me know what to expect. :idea: :eek2: :idea: :eek2:

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
What's a FANFARE?

That's the song the band plays right after taking the field. It's like a short introduction song before they start drilling.

;)

Actually in SU's case, we play our fan fares in the stands. I know JSU plays one before their drill right after the Tiger Run On.

Basically it is a real short piece that a full band or individual sections play.

So D-town if you ever hear the Jukebox play a quick few bars of music with a big ending then that's a fan fare. Normally SU will play it after a good Defensive play.

USually when the defence makes a SACK or stop the running back behind the line of scrimmage...SU will play what is called "FANFARE #2".....

Watch for it......You'll see what I am talking about.

And JR pretty much summed it up...

But SU never play a fanfare on the field since I been there.....

JSU does it, several other bands do also...

AAMU is known for it...with their "Out on a Limb" fanfare..

Alcorn does it.....

FAMU does it...

SU just open up with a song.

Originally posted by SUtrp96

But SU never play a fanfare on the field since I been there.....

SU has once that I know of.

I believe it was the '92 Classic, with "Lift Every Voice". Check me on that, doe.

Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
SU has once that I know of.

I believe it was the '92 Classic, with "Lift Every Voice". Check me on that, doe.

that could be true.. I don't much field show footage from 92...Except one show....

Um:rolleyes: um:rolleyes: um....... is anyone gonna answer my question. You can't tell me all the band members are studying and not surfing the net.:lmao:

Back