Hey GSU and SU peeps, this is what White folk really think about us!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
RACISM and JEALOUSY

Those folks are jealous that they don't have the support of their alumni like the HBCU's.

If the SWAC is so bad why has McNeese and the rest of the Southland been trying to schedule us. WHY? Because they have no fan support. They need us, we show don't need them.

Even with better facilities and larger budgets they haven't put a product on the field that is supported by their fans.

Go to one of their games, no crowd unless they are playing a HBCU. If you are so good , why don't your folks come out to see you.

As far as GU being ranked #4, more power to them. Hell Northwestern got stomped Saturday just like BC.

Man don't entertain these racist jealous rednecks. Hell we outdraw Toolame. And don't forget about those other sorry, so call Div. I wanna B's USL, Northeast, Southeastern. Sacrficing those poor fellows for a pay check week after week.

Yes we are on national TV. Go tell your momma if you don't like it.
White racist will make you punched the ______ out of him. Sorry Klucker.

And I don't have no respect for that GEAUX Cowboys racist web site.

Like Dtown said, this really comes as no surprise. Some of the comments were the predictable, racially motivated ones that we've come to expect (eg., the long-held myth that people only attend to see the bands). We may as well face the fact that there will always be those who are envious of the attention we attract and money we make.

However, I think it should be duly noted that many of the comments made about SWAC coaching and general game organization were no different than the complaints made by many Black folk in regards to SWAC football. The reality is that many SWAC coaches don't gameplan well and make silly decisions when the cameras are rolling. For example, can anyone from Grambling explain to me why Doug (or Spears) decided to throw bombs on every down when Gram was down by 16 with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. Why did the coaches go into panic mode? Grambling completely abandoned the run when there was plenty of time left. I honestly can't remember a single hand-off in the second half. :confused: What made the situation look even worse was the fact that this was supposedly one of our best coaches, Doug Williams, on display.

It's the stupid decision-making and lackluster preparation, not the caliber of players, nor the caliber of schemes, that make us look like a joke of a league. This is also the very reason why we tend to get horse-whipped against teams of equal-to-lesser talent when playing out of out of conference.

Well, one things for sure, black people aren't the only ones watching the Bayou Classic on TV. Some of those posts were written out of jealousy and anger.

Originally posted by kellis
Well, one things for sure, black people aren't the only ones watching the Bayou Classic on TV.

Oh most def, my co-workers were watching and they're all white.

That's White Folks!! They are sooooo,slick in the thinking when someone suggest that Black athletes at McNeese are exploited became a racial issue.

The fact that The Bayou Classic was a topic had overtones of racial jealousy, the posters just did not say it out front like... "WHY THE HELL THOSE NICCA'S GET NATIONAL EXPOSURE and McNeese does'nt?"

That's what this post was really saying. The author of this post did not use any of the racial words,but the author gave the readers a subtle thought of racial jealousy.

SLICK, SLICK , SLICK... that's why the Native Americans are on the reservations.

Originally posted by HBCUs

For example, can anyone from Grambling explain to me why Doug (or Spears) decided to throw bombs on every down when Gram was down by 16 with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd.

Doug has done that all season. It is just that Pete is the first coach who took advantage of they way Gram calls offensive plays.

Yup....but

That is not the opinion of all! That just happens to be the opinion of the knuckas who happen to be posting on that forum. You can't talk about what you don't know and they only know that SU lost to NWSt and Nicholls....GSU to McNeese St.

It's like trying to remember stuff that happened 3 years ago. They are only stung by the present. They schedule HBCU's AFTER we lose our strength to graduation, but again... when was the last time you ever hear of a Hall of Famer from McNeese St.?

When was the last time a McNeese St. Cowboy been nominated for a Heisman?

When was the last time McNeese St. was on National TV...outside of ESPN2...(FSS is regional)?

Not picking on McNeese St. (I like 'em), but they are the quintessential SLC Champs. Until someone beats them, we'll be "those folks".

Northwestern St. knows better... so does Nicholls St. They only have this year to do the comparison and Doug just wasn't quite ready. Their day is coming!!!

If JSU gets a respectable coach who knows how to develop and utilize talent, I can see a lot of SWAC arse kicking coming really soon...and losin' to Div. II and Div. III schools surely isn't helping!!! :rolleyes:

When I see Northwestern State or McNeese State on even regional TV, then I'll listen to their complaints. Most of the white D-1aa games are like highschool, 5,000 fans who have a local interest. No national or even regional interest whatsoever. Jealousy is so sad.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Olde Hornet
I think all of you have missed the MOST important point!

THEY WERE WATCHING THE GAME!

:) :) :)

:lmao:

In the words of a great unknown SWAC Page philosopher: "You Shole Iz Right Olde Hornet."

Heck, as a white dude and grad of a "Southland" school, I would rather watch a SWAC game any day of the week if for no other reason than the difference in level of passion!

Sit through a dull SFC game and you'll soon understand that even the worst SWAC game HAS to be better viewing. At least people have a real interest in the teams and there is some sense of history in the SWAC.

One other point -- SU's band blew the socks off Grambling's, at least judging by what was shown on NBC. :)

I could care less than a bucket of monkey piss what they feel! I know that we have a good product and it's very marketable. We need to build upon the contacts we've made and try to get at least one more game televised. I would even go so far as try to negotiate with NBC to do a package deal (Bayou Classic and the SCG).

I'm really NOT surprised. Mildly dismayed, but not surprised. But hey, a closed mind is not receptive to positive tradition.

Originally posted by jag4lifeDoug has done that all season. It is just that Pete is the first coach who took advantage of they way Gram calls offensive plays.

Da trufe, Jag4life. Also, I always feared, that one day, an opposing offensive coordinator would take advantage of Coach Roach's "lust" for blitzing. When a team uses a spread offense with 4 or 5 WRs, sending your entire defensive line and a 2 blitzers on almost every play is too risky. You can't send 6 players and try to defend the entire field with 5 players. Southern used a short passing game, which is exactly what I thought could break Grambling's defense down. An example of that is Joubert's 53 yard Touchdown. It was a short pass. When he alluded the first defender, there was a whole lot of space created by the routes of the other WRs on his side. The rest was history.

Funny thing is, i dont think they even needed to try and pressure Richard. Richard is a mistake-waiting-to-happen. Neither of his two interceptions (by #2 and #93) were forced by pressure. Good thing, AAMU can't pass the ball. If they could, all they would have to do is mirror what SU did.

Re: RACISM and JEALOUSY

Originally posted by thegooddoctor
Those folks are jealous that they don't have the support of their alumni like the HBCU's.

If the SWAC is so bad why has McNeese and the rest of the Southland been trying to schedule us. WHY? Because they have no fan support. They need us, we show don't need them.

Even with better facilities and larger budgets they haven't put a product on the field that is supported by their fans.

Go to one of their games, no crowd unless they are playing a HBCU. If you are so good , why don't your folks come out to see you.

Good points, gooddoctor. As late as Friday, they were still trying to get rid of 4,000 tickets for their playoff game. I wonder how many of their alumni were actually at the Bayou Classic.

Back