Hey Grambling or any DC area SWAC posters

BISON-2K1

I heard a rumor that HU and GSU are talking about a classic in PG county at Fed Ex field next season.I have you guys heard anything about this at all.There is also a rumor about HIU possibly playing a SWAC team in a classic in 2005 I believe.

I have actually heard about that game. I think they are talking about moving that game back in New York at Giants Stadium.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GSU vs HIU in the Meadowlands produced some great games,hopefully that series will resume.I wouldn't mind if JSU or SU came to DC to play HU in FedEx field.

JSU has an opening for a Classic this year (from my understanding) but that is for this year only becasue of the 9-game SWAC mandate that takes effect in 2005.

I haven't heard anything about us playing Howard next year. I will have to check with the D.C. Grambling Alumni Association.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Yeah, if anything...Gram needs to come back to the Whitney Young Classic.

Agreed. Gram and Morgan St. started the Whitney Classic in '69. Gram played in this game for 30+ years with the crowd in excess of 60,000. When played in Yankee Stadium the attendance eclipsed 75,000. I went to Yankee Stadium this summer with my dad. He remembered vividly his last time in the Bronx (back in '69 with the World Famed -- Gram and Morgan).

I hope Gram continues the long storied tradition in the NY area. When I mentioned I am an alumnus of Icon Gram, folk mention the Urban League Classic all the time.

But, SuperTiger, you all really need to go back to avenge those arse whippings that Hampton put on ya'll. Taylor even whooped up on Doug. :(

2K1, I heard the rumors earlier in the football season, that they were discussing a possible Gram/HU game at both venues. I've also heard that Synder wants a college game played at the venue on a regular basis, I don't know if he means Navy, or not, more than likely Navy, because they play Notre Dame at Fed Ex, and the crowd is pretty nice.

I think if the game is played, it would be better served playing in The Medowlands, because the people of NY/NJ really support the game, and both schools have name recognition in the area. I think if they play there, it would be huge.

I love Fed Ex Field, but man, the prices in that stadium are outrageous ($5.50 for a 4oz cup of hot chocolate), and I'm sure they'll probably charge $20 dollars for parking

I haven't been to the Whitney Young/Urban League Classic since GSU stopped playing in the game, but whenever they played thier the crowds were huge. I don't know what the attendance is now since they haven't played the game there in a while, but I'm sure it's not the success it used to be.

Then on the flip side, NY loves Howard, and that's evidenced by how many people make the trek down for their homecoming. You almost think the entire Metro NYC comes down here for that game.

NICE

Originally posted by Tigerpride
But, SuperTiger, you all really need to go back to avenge those arse whippings that Hampton put on ya'll. Taylor even whooped up on Doug. :(

TP -- I have four letters for you (whipped J-State with all the self-proclaimed All World talent). Hampton beat us in the transition years of Coach Rob and clear rebuilding in Doug's early years.
NC A&T.

Back