Hey Alcorn...

From what I was told, Texas Southern has never been to Alcorn so the band isn't going to Houston.

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
From what I was told, Texas Southern has never been to Alcorn so the band isn't going to Houston.
If the band can come to Robinson truely the band can come to the Astrodome... :(:(

The Ocean came to Jackson for the Magnolia Classic in '97. That was my freshman year. You all were probably paid to come to Jackson then.

You all have not been to Alcorn State University so the band isn't going to Houston. It doesn't matter where the game is. If you don't come to Alcorn, the band won't come to you.

At least PVU has made attempts to come. What have you all done?

For starters neither of the schools football teams have played each other since 2000.

F.Y.I. all promoters don't pay all bands, so lets not assume that the Ocean was payed to visit MS. The band would have gone anyway even if it was not a classic.

This has nothing to do with PVU, so why even bring them up in this conversation. Let's just say the Oceans lack of an attempt to visit Alcorn, just means you were not a priority.

We have been to MS twice to face Alcorn, we await your arrival to TX.:cool:

Both times TxSo band came to Jackson to play Alcorn it was TxSo's home game not Alcorn's.You have not been to Alcorn.

Originally posted by Incipience
For starters neither of the schools football teams have played each other since 2000.

F.Y.I. all promoters don't pay all bands, so lets not assume that the Ocean was payed to visit MS. The band would have gone anyway even if it was not a classic.

This has nothing to do with PVU, so why even bring them up in this conversation. Let's just say the Oceans lack of an attempt to visit Alcorn, just means you were not a priority.

We have been to MS twice to face Alcorn, we await your arrival to TX.:cool:

Let me put it like this

You all were paid to move that game from Houston to Mississppi. You got paid to come to Mississippi plain and simple!!

Alcorn came to Houston in '99. You were supposed to come to Alcorn in 2000. You didn't show up!!

Alcorn is up 1-0 on Texas Southern. When Alcorn went to Houston, it was on the band's own dime. Nobody paid us to go!!

And I brought PVU up because PVU has actually tried to come to Alcorn. They even had Truthteller and I look for hotels in Vicksburg, Jackson, or Natchez. However, at the last minute they couldn't come.

It's never been a question of if you all are coming. You've never tried.

And I brought PVU up because PVU has actually tried to come to Alcorn. They even had Truthteller and I look for hotels in Vicksburg, Jackson, or Natchez. However, at the last minute they couldn't come.

It's never been a question of if you all are coming. You've never tried. [/B]

I will give you the no return trip for the 99 visit.

However, my warrior friend, you don't know whether or not if the Ocean tried to come to Alcorn or not. The Ocean makes its own travel arrangements. Even if that means staying in the nearest city outside of the one where the particular school is located. Just ask anyone from Grambling.

First OFF F---- Coming to texas!!!!

I really don't care about coming to texas to this sorry azzz school. at least yalll *****'s could start traveling more. i never seen the ocean and this is my senior year so i really don't care if i see yall now. i think it should be manditory that all swac bands at least travel to all swac games. i hope yall have fun in h-town, it not it yall are pvu or somebody

I will give you the no return trip for the 99 visit.

However, my warrior friend, you don't know whether or not if the Ocean tried to come to Alcorn or not. The Ocean makes its own travel arrangements. Even if that means staying in the nearest city outside of the one where the particular school is located. Just ask anyone from Grambling.

We know you haven't tried because every year that we've asked if you all were coming, the answer is aways a flat out "No." There's never been any different answer from the Ocean.

Correction (since you all want to try and smack on the Ocean) it is up to BD. If you got a problem with that then you know who to ask.

#1. Who gives a gotdayum? Someone asked a question and you cats act like someone's pulling your chain when all they wanted to know was a friendly yes or no....dayum.

#2. To Choppas, ....how you gone smack on us about being sorry? You haven't seen us so leave it at that. Ain't nobody smack on Alcorn from Tx.Sou's side so leaving it be would be a good priority unless you're gonna ask some outside parties who've seen the Ocean this year and Alcorn who's sorry and who ain't.:rolleyes:

#3. Not too many TX peeps have even heard of Alcorn. They're of the same mind too. Never seen 'em, don't give a dayum. It would be good for all SWAC schools to see each other but don't try and pin some type of "ya'll snubbed us" bullshat. Ya'll are preaching to the choir. Let's leave the smack alone on this topic cuz it doesn't make any sense.

#4 And bringing PVU into it.....NESS. PVU is not Tx.Sou. We are two seperate schools in the same state. GET IT RIGHT.

*sensitive folk on here. Someone asked a question and bandwagon folk wanna come on here like they saying something with merit...geez

We know you haven't tried because every year that we've asked if you all were coming, the answer is aways a flat out "No." There's never been any different answer from the Ocean.

Warrior, the schools have not played each other in football, since 2000. Now unless you marched in the band for more than 4 years, you really don't have much of a gripe.

As I said before we will give you the no return trip in 2000. Like I said in my previous post "Alcorn was not a priority". This is not intended as smack, Im just telling you how it is.

I really don't care about coming to texas to this sorry azzz school. at least yalll *****'s could start traveling more. i never seen the ocean and this is my senior year so i really don't care if i see yall now. i think it should be manditory that all swac bands at least travel to all swac games. i hope yall have fun in h-town, it not it yall are pvu or somebody

Choppa if you really didnt care then why are you so upset? The Ocean does travel, just because the Band Directors don't think much of Alcorn, to make a road trip there, doesn't mean they don't travel. Infact, why don't you come and check out the Ocean on November 1st at Grambling St? With 2 great bands I'm sure you will be entertained through out the night.

Warrior, the schools have not played each other in football, since 2000. Now unless you marched in the band for more than 4 years, you really don't have much of a gripe.

As I said before we will give you the no return trip in 2000. Like I said in my previous post "Alcorn was not a priority". This is not intended as smack, Im just telling you how it is.

Choppa if you really didnt care then why are you so upset? The Ocean does travel, just because the Band Directors don't think much of Alcorn, to make a road trip there, doesn't mean they don't travel. Infact, why don't you come and check out the Ocean on November 1st at Grambling St? With 2 great bands I'm sure you will be entertained through out the night.

Oh, let's not get on here and use those lame arse "you all are not a priority" and "Our band directors don't think that much of Alcorn" excuses for not traveling. You all are just like your non-traveling stepbrothers in TX about 45 minutes up the road. If you all don't have the money to travel, you just don't have the money.... It's alright....

P.S It is not like "Ocean" is such a priority on our list. We go to support the team rather than just to see you all. :rolleyes:

I know they haven't played each other since 2000. I haven't marched in the band since, '99.
I have a gripe because you all started this mess about if the band can come to Robinson Stadium, we can come to the Astrodome. You all are on here saying that we owe you a return trip for 2 games that you all were paid to move the game to MS. Don't try to make us out to be the bad guys on this one.

The point is that you all don't get credit for a game that you were paid to move to a different location. Come to Alcorn and the band will go to you.

I saw alcorn last weekend...they've somewhat improved...better sound...that female director acts like she's a student.

saw TSU today at their homecoming...typical TSU show..they are indeed bigger but won't get anytme to show off their size until GSU and SU.

Originally posted by Blu Panther

saw TSU today at their homecoming...typical TSU show..they are indeed bigger but won't get anytme to show off their size until GSU and SU. [/B]

Yeah I saw the band on Friday night, I knew then I was not going to miss much of show. I hated TSU Homecoming games when i marched. It was always a weak show.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by lilC
Correction (since you all want to try and smack on the Ocean) it is up to BD. If you got a problem with that then you know who to ask.

#1. Who gives a gotdayum? Someone asked a question and you cats act like someone's pulling your chain when all they wanted to know was a friendly yes or no....dayum.

#2. To Choppas, ....how you gone smack on us about being sorry? You haven't seen us so leave it at that. Ain't nobody smack on Alcorn from Tx.Sou's side so leaving it be would be a good priority unless you're gonna ask some outside parties who've seen the Ocean this year and Alcorn who's sorry and who ain't.:rolleyes:

#3. Not too many TX peeps have even heard of Alcorn. They're of the same mind too. Never seen 'em, don't give a dayum. It would be good for all SWAC schools to see each other but don't try and pin some type of "ya'll snubbed us" bullshat. Ya'll are preaching to the choir. Let's leave the smack alone on this topic cuz it doesn't make any sense.

#4 And bringing PVU into it.....NESS. PVU is not Tx.Sou. We are two seperate schools in the same state. GET IT RIGHT.

*sensitive folk on here. Someone asked a question and bandwagon folk wanna come on here like they saying something with merit...geez

WHAT HE SAID!

Yeah I saw the band on Friday night, I knew then I was not going to miss much of show. I hated TSU Homecoming games when i marched. It was always a weak show.:rolleyes:

How was this show weak? Most of the folks that were near us when we were sitting down and exiting the field said they really enjoyed it.

Originally posted by lilC
How was this show weak? Most of the folks that were near us when we were sitting down and exiting the field said they really enjoyed it.

Check your PM

Back