HELP!!!

Tara

Administrator
Without warning my computer will turn itself off and immediately reboot. When it reboots, Windows states that a ?serious error? has occured and this is the error report: <a href="http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=8161a69d-a23c-4a7b-b38b-0dc31f0f108d&SID=10" target="_blank"><b>ERROR REPORT</b></a>

Thanks in advance!!!

Since you are running XP, I would do an auto update and let Microsoft apply all the latest patches they have to offer on your workstation.

Also, check to see if your virus definitions are up to date..

Note: I said patches not other applications.

I think this is some sort worm that is going around. Do what doc says and update and run your anti spyware pgms.

Just another tid-bit...

These are the main things in that Error Report that you should be reminded of...

* If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your computer, the problem might be caused by the driver for the device. If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.

* Some software, such as firewall and anti-virus software, also installs drivers. If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. If you know the manufacturer of the software, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.

* Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update website. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.

If you have installed any new applications or added any new hardware, that is more than likely the culprit. Of course, as I always say, that System Restore can definitely remedy the issue if you don't recall adding in software to your PC.

Holla back... :swink:

Back