Hello Tsu Bandheads

TooCold2Crab02

Now ole' boy from "The Ocean" has posted in the UAPB and PV board so I think I will take it upon myself to take these replies elsewhere.

:lecture:As far as us never getting past ya'll............, hmmmm not a whole lot to say. Maybe you guys feel as if last year's game was definitely a "W" in your column. Sike! Well never mind you did win the game, the football team that is, but what else is new. I could have sworn on these message boards that it was very clear that it was a toss up. Both bands matched up well so I thought. You guys MAY have had an edge on the field but those reasons are definitely also up in the air. But don't worry. It's a new kat in the band now. Believe me, there won't be anymore toss ups. Keep your song selection deep. Cause next year we still feel like that ocean might not be deep enough for he changes "THE STORM" is about to go through. Charge that ish to da game. But ya'll do ya thang and I can't wait to see what goes down this year at tha classic.

Prairie View A&M Marching Storm
TNT
MST
fall '02

Ole Boy is here

Since you wanna go running off at the mouth CRAB then speak something you are familar with. I hope the Storm does do some changes like doing SOME TRAVELING. that would be nice. MAYBE yall can get on the map. I won't speak too bad about the Storm cause I got frat bruhs that march in yal band. But you can do me a favor. Tell you, and your crab bruhs to stay out of our practises. Yall come up here and watch us practise so much that Prof. Lee be thinking yall gotta change of heart or something. If yall want to come be in the Ocean, Like Lee say, " We got a spot for ya", just don't come on here and try to bash on us, when deep down you love what we do and wish yall program had a lil money to do half of the stuff we do. Yes we will always have a deep book, Yall just make sure yall don't play ESPN in the 5th quarter no more. That says a lot about your book. Especically when you have to go as low as to repeating songs. Maybe if yall start yall program on time this year instead of doing things at the last minute, your song selections wouldn't be so poor. Hey I didn't want to come at you or anyone else like this, but a crab needs to stay in a Crab's place. Rookie

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Rookie?

True enough my "krab" status is definitely real. But you got one thing messed up about me. First of all I have NEVER gone to da ocean's practice because I was NEVER that interested in ya marching band. The jazz band is cool though but I still have never gone to that practice either. True enough last year we may have had some sloppy selections but we weren't going to sit there and let ya'll blow on us either. My thing is, I can tell alot of band heads look into the past way too much. I can see if you're trying to compare bands from last week's game or something but I could have sworn I was talking abou this year's classic. Who care's about last year? I said the new era of PV was definitely going down this year and it was going to start with the game against ya'll. And I also said some stuff was going to change because frankly, if I have to take it upon myself to do what needs to be done so that we will wreck at every game, then I already am on the job. I don't mind at you coming at me the way you did because I know when it comes to band, I'm way ahead of my time so I wil definitely hold MY own. It's enough noggaz in the band who will defend the Srorm's honor along with me but don't ever think I can't speak for myself "veteran". It's real in the battlefield and I can't wait for August. That book of ours is definitely going to catch you and the rest of Tsyou off guard. Charge dat to da game bruh.:nod:

P.S
We know we don't travel as much as the SWAC republic. Why can't noggaz just let it be. We have no control over where we go to a certain extent. Maybe we can do something about that too.

Prairie View A&M Marching Storm
TNT
MST
fall "02

Harmonical,
You act as if TSU has ALWAYS been where they are now. You JUST went out and BOUGHT a band about 2 years ago and the Labor Day was FINALLY interesting. Honestly, I think y'all are more interested in the LDC because you feel you have a point to prove after a couple of years of rapings from Rice stadium to the Dome.

I've said it a million times before on this page. Travelling does not make a band the best band. If that is the only knock that you can come up with on PV, then that is sadder than sad.

And TxSU, don't ACK like you have never repeated a song.

Pot...........Kettl.....ahhhhhhhhh you know!!!!

HP,

by the way TxSU band do not travel that much more than PV. Uhh, remember there has been a couple years that TxSU has crossed the state line!! Remember get your facts before you SMACK !

TXSU went out and just bought a band 2 years ago? lol. Naww for real that ish was funny, I can't even lie.

I'm not hatin that yall don't travel. Really I wish yall did travel, and I didn't say that traveling makes you the best band cause for one I never said we were the best band. It does give you experience, more competition, and it makes your season longer. You all have about 3 or 4 games out of the year TSU,GSU,SU, and maybe someone else. and that is it for you all. I wish it could be longer for your sake.

another thing, We have never just started traveling. You are crazy and I think you need to get your facts straight before you smack!!!! Texas Southern has always had a crunk traveling schedule. Now for a couple of years from 91-93, the band didn't do much traveling because of the Japan incident, but in 93 they were back to their traveling, then in 95 they were traveling a lot more. Even back then they traveled? Can you even say that PV band has traveled somewhere? Not to mention out of the country? if yall did nobody remembers cause yall rarely go somewhere.

About LDC. We are just as excited as you all are. We can tell how excited P.V. band is when they have they crabs come watch us practise. I'll tape it this year and send it to ya. Every year, at band camp, it never fails. never!.

Repeating a song? Of course we repeat A Song. that's the fight Song. We be kicking yall arse so much that we end up having to stop what we want to play and play the Fight song every time we score. Maybe if we had a suck-azz football team like P.V. then we could actually stop playing that same song all the time.:saw: :saw:

This may be an old thread but, I just had to comment... I can't speak for anyone at PV who crab in '02 because the band you walked into and the band i walked into are two totaly different animals. And by the same token, i can't speak for anyone who crabed at TxSU after '00 because the band you walked into and the band I've known are two totaly diferent animals. Anyway, I admire the pride that band memebers at TxSU have in there program, especialy because I have witnessed there rebirth first hand. But please don't confuse a come up with excellence. As far as PV band members at you practices, I have to admit I am guilty of that. But being that I am a graduate of RS Sterling (HISD) and often have taken non band related road trips with many members of your band, I feel I have that right. If its one thing PV can always say with pride, its that they have never attempted or wanted to steal or imitate anything done by the "Ocean".

To the enthusiastic neo at PV... I'm very excited that dispite the crab process you were brought in under you still have love for MY band. But lets keep it real. I played at the LDC and TxSU was impressive... but there is no reason why PVU should even be in the same catagory with bands of their caliber. PVU had the potential last year to dominate the SWAC. The only section that lacked fire was the basses. But as you and I now enternal problems prevented that from happening. So, just food for thought, lets clean up our house befor we start throwing rocks at others.

TxSU.... your last two seasons have been very succsesful... for you. But remeber, better dosn't always mean GOOD. Your band lacks the leadership and disipline to take it to the next level. PVU has always been able to pull off a good show, despite all uncontrlable obsticals, becuase of an enstilled level of perfection. Your leadership has not set that bar.

PVU will always be one of the top bands in the SWAC because our head BD expects nothing less. If we are unprepared we simply will not go. I will be the fist to admit the program is not where it was or should be but until TxSU raises there standards, I don't care how much brass they give scholarships to, they will never be a PV, JSU, or SU.

-------------------------------------------------------
Magnificent Mello!!!!! Phone!!!!

Dayum...Solo went off....

But he tells the truth.

My advice to you Supakrab, is to walk softly and carry a big arse horn. I'll make sure I find you and holla at you on the yard next time I'm there. We need to do some more talking.

What was the last year that you heard about TxSU travelin to play outside of Texas? If my memory serves me correct we went to play Tennessee State University at Tennessee. So if you think that we don't travel that is your opinion, but our band director makes sure that we have the best when we do travel cause if we are gonna travel we will always travel first class never couch. Why don't TxSU travel about 15 minutes down the Astrodome and we will travel an hour to that same place and we will be ready for whatever selection that ya'll pull out of that so called music selection that I have been hearin is supposed to be really deep with songs and we will come with same songs, but with some additions that will have the crowded groovin'. Yeah you might have fun talkin down on my Krab, but remember this me and my crab brother's made this boy TNT so we will always back this boy up no matter what. Just tell the bone section at TxSU to be ready cause we will be blowin' fanfare after fanfare at them until we feel tired, but that will never happen cause we never get tired of blowin fanfares. Say SupaKrab just tell them TNT famous quote "Hata's Hata's Get off our"! SupaKrab you know the rest and so will any bone section who we come across!!

Fall '01
TNT/MST

Back