HBCU Sports Live: SWAC denies report about the cancelation of fall sports

We’re looking at this all wrong.. This is actually an opportunity to capitalize on $50m or more in revenue for the Swac.
HBCU fans are hungry for football.

Either way they vote, I'm glad that the SWAC Presidents and AD's are doing the proper due diligence in making an informed and well thought out decision. These are trying times and our schools and Athletes deserve the right decisions to be made in the best interest of all parties involved.

Last edited:
We’re looking at this all wrong.. This is actually an opportunity to capitalize on $50m or more in revenue for the Swac.
HBCU fans are hungry for football.

What is money if you can't protect the athletes, who mind you won't get a dime of that alleged $50 million

You think about what race of people stands the greatest chance of getting sick by playing Football in College and the NFL. African American players make up at least 70% of these rosters.

Their mentality is and has always been, "send them out to make our money by any means necessary"! We will be infecting one another one just to make "them others" wealthy and happy....

You think about what race of people stands the greatest chance of getting sick by playing Football in College and the NFL. African American players make up at least 70% of these rosters.

Their mentality is and has always been, "send them out to make our money by any means necessary"! We will be infecting one another one just to make "them others" wealthy and happy....

As the commissioner said, I actually feel safe for the athletes on the field. They would get tested regularly

It's the people in the stands or after the game coming in contact with them that I am worried about givinig it to them

A football player at Valley would be safer on the field or in his dorm that if he goes to Walmart or Save-A-Lot (although right now, Leflore County has a mandatory mask policy so they would probably be safe as long as they don't go to any social gatherings)

I don't know if there is a "safer" if we aren't really sure how it is being transmitted. Too much unknown...

I am not a fan of it but I assume if they move the football seaosn until after the Super Bowl then it could actually be beneficial with the country missing football. A 6 game conference schedule with all of our games possibly being on TV could be HUGE. If I can see this, then I know Dr. McClelland see it as well

Then there are the other fall sports that have to be made up and the actual spring sports

Last edited:
Spring Football and Crawfish baby!

Hopefully, with the way Dr. Fauci and CDC are fighting with Trump .... God only knows when things will go back to normal. There's a lot of discord thanks to Trump and his goons which is delaying normalcy. And also we are likely headed to an economic disaster worst than anything in our lifetime .... if that happens the last thing most people will be thinking about is sports.

Last edited:
Back