HBCU Draft Picks and UDFA 2021

I think there will not be anyone drafted but they will start signing afterwards....
HBCU guys still get the shorthand in this pandemic year.

Our problems is we don’t have anyone with swac /hbcu ties in major decision making roles across the league in mass. Those Lillie white war rooms says it all. Not sure how much input Doug has now but he’s only 1 team. When Clem Daniels died that was another link to the ownership gone. Shack isn’t in the league also.

Executives have gotten lazier and ESPN has even noted coaches will start drafting players from certain schools cause of the coach.

Pandemic didn’t help but the Grambling lineman opted out, did well at the senior bowl and not drafted?

Basically you gotta have a first, 2nd or 3rd round grade or they ain’t gonna even waste time drafting us.

Honestly how high is Glass cause they gonna critique everything he does to ensure he ain’t drafted.

I wish the XFL had more money, they not scared to put HBCU athletes in their league. The NFL gotta keep the pwis happy to make sure they scare blue chippers away from HBCUs. I really hope we can change to narrative by starting to schedule and beat some of those schools they love so much

I wish the XFL had more money, they not scared to put HBCU athletes in their league. The NFL gotta keep the pwis happy to make sure they scare blue chippers away from HBCUs. I really hope we can change to narrative by starting to schedule and beat some of those schools they love so much
Starts with acquiring the total student-athlete and not the "placeholders" who are not committed to excellence academically and athletically. The formula used over the last 50 years is still being used today, and it simply will not work for competitive play.

I seriously wonder if coaches, recruiters who were NOT remotely academic themselves lmao, actually know how to grade a prospective student-athlete other than "look hizzz hudl tape." lol :D

I have a younger cousin who projects as a top-10 RB leaving tx in 2022. He is academic in a very sound academic district. I am NOT a compensated recruiter for PV or other schools so I dare not involve myself in his decision making. 2 weeks ago as his t&f season ended, I slightly watched as quiet big xii, pac-xii, b1g, slc schools started slithering their way into his life and the ONLY SWAC school to show interest in him was... Jackson State. Very telling considering the young man is only a 48 minute drive from PV's front entrance on fm1098 lmao!

Forgot, congrats to Jonathon Marshall on being drafted by the NY Jets in rd #6.

Po' PV just cannot get out of its own way smgdh.

Back