HBCU basketball transfers

Coach Reed definitely went the Xfer route with her first class. Brought in nothing but ballers on paper featuring a highschool dandy dozen and a former xfer dandy dozen. The Lady Tigers future looks bright.

Coach Reed definitely went the Xfer route with her first class. Brought in nothing but ballers on paper featuring a highschool dandy dozen and a former xfer dandy dozen. The Lady Tigers future looks bright.

Definitely one of the strongest WBB recruiting classes that I can recall at JSU! I was listening to TSL with Rob Jay a couple weeks ago and MSU's Coach stated that they will play us in Jackson next season at the AAC. This will probably be more of a team showcase for local recruitment for them. Hopefully, we will play them harder than we did at their place and get a good crowd!

Last edited:

s
Definitely one of the strongest WBB recruiting classes that I can recall at JSU! I was listening to TSL with Rob Jay a couple weeks ago and MSU's Coach stated that they will play us in Jackson next season at the AAC. This will probably be more of a team showcase for local recruitment for them. Hopefully, we will play them harder than we did at their place and get a good crowd!

Nice, we will definitely have more talent this year

Hey stu, just because Charles left you didn't have to make his son leave too...

JACKSON – Jackson State head men's basketball coach Wayne Brent is pleased to announce that six student-athletes have pledged to continue their academic and athletic careers at Jackson State University.

Cainan McClelland
Height: 6-5
Weight: 180
Pos: G
Hometown: Houston, Texas
Previous School: Texas Southern

McClelland joins the Tigers as a transfer from SWAC rival Texas Southern. The 6-foot-5 combo guard appeared in 32 games and started seven the previous season. He averaged 1.4 points per game, but is known for his superb defensive play.

When are y'all giving Ashton the boot?
Does he have to sit out 2 years? I thought that was the rule if you transfer from a swac school to another swac school.

Does he have to sit out 2 years? I thought that was the rule if you transfer from a swac school to another swac school.

I don't remember them changing that rule, but who knows maybe it's 1 year. I don't think he graduated yet.

I don't remember them changing that rule, but who knows maybe it's 1 year. I don't think he graduated yet.
I'm not sure he's even on athletic scholarship so he might only have to sit out the single season regardless. I don't know though.

Half of our team graduated (not including the grad transfer) and the remaining players most of us knew were leaving once Lindsey got the job. As of now, we only have 2 players on the roster from last year so this will be a clean slate for Lindsey (most of the commits thus far have been JUCO)

McClelland has two years of eligibility and will not have to sit out since he's graduating this summer.

Half of our team graduated (not including the grad transfer) and the remaining players most of us knew were leaving once Lindsey got the job. As of now, we only have 2 players on the roster from last year so this will be a clean slate for Lindsey (most of the commits thus far have been JUCO)
Why would they run from Lindsey?

Back