HBCU Basketball Scores 1/13-1/15

TSU IS A MASH UNIT compounded by knucklehead technical. These transfer guys come into the SWAC thinking they are better than everyone else. Referees getting the book on their mouths. Shut up and play ball at Last chance U. Basketball version.
But it’s SU’s fault according to some tSU folks smh.

It's good to see the team picking it up offensively. They haven't missed a beat. Definitely the best start to the season under Brent
One of these days folks gonna realize that Brent is a pretty good coach who doesn't win primarily because he has amassed a lot of talent...but we gonna kept that quiet while we continue to hold his feet to the fire over in Tigerland! lol.!

One of these days folks gonna realize that Brent is a pretty good coach who doesn't win primarily because he has amassed a lot of talent...but we gonna kept that quiet while we continue to hold his feet to the fire over in Tigerland! lol.!

Right lol..Go Tigers

I said Brent was a good coach when he first got the job. Banks was too.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Southern. Let me simplify for SU folks. Mash unit refers to the injuries we have. Kids who choose our HBCU's right out of high school seem to be more student athlete, more attached to culture on campus vs kids who come for one or two years as hired basketball players. Not saying our current environment is bad but during the Moreland years when our base athlete was a 4 year kid we kicked tail but was respectful and respected for having a quality program. Kids look to curse, pick at other players, get technical fouls and the next thing is a brawl. they are in a college of higher education. They are blessed and should appreciate what they have.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Southern. Let me simplify for SU folks. Mash unit refers to the injuries we have. Kids who choose our HBCU's right out of high school seem to be more student athlete, more attached to culture on campus vs kids who come for one or two years as hired basketball players. Not saying our current environment is bad but during the Moreland years when our base athlete was a 4 year kid we kicked tail but was respectful and respected for having a quality program. Kids look to curse, pick at other players, get technical fouls and the next thing is a brawl. they are in a college of higher education. They are blessed and should appreciate what they have.
Thank you BBall....some folk always wanting to play the victim. Most maybe just catching on but we had it figured out from day 1.

Cant blame us.... he went to AAMU but he was a scrub. I dont even think he finished out a season.

I am not used to Valley basketball being this bad. Even in down years we still make the SWAC tourney and usually give the top seeds a headache. We MIGHT win 2-3 games total this year IF we can catch a team sleeping (like we almost got SU last night).

We can't blame us being this bad on scholarships like in football. This is totally on the head coach

Don't give up, your history is too rich, Alphonso Ford, i have been pondering the name of another great scorer i think after ford. He use to wear us out. about 6'2 could shoot, not George Ivory. someone help me with this guy.

Two starters left that could have played another year at TSU. One of them was the POTY. I am really not surprised. I think this might be the first time in Davis’s tenure that he has lost 2 games in a row.

I am not used to Valley basketball being this bad. Even in down years we still make the SWAC tourney and usually give the top seeds a headache. We MIGHT win 2-3 games total this year IF we can catch a team sleeping (like we almost got SU last night).

We can't blame us being this bad on scholarships like in football. This is totally on the head coach
Shoot our team is playing on talent alone. lol

Don't give up, your history is too rich, Alphonso Ford, i have been pondering the name of another great scorer i think after ford. He use to wear us out. about 6'2 could shoot, not George Ivory. someone help me with this guy.

I can't think of who you're talikng about, but don't forget about Marcus Mann. Dude just went out and made everything look so easy.

SU playing rec ball right now. Different lineup every night, folks playing selfish, no substitution pattern, not playing defense, jacking up crazy shots, not feeding the paint, not playing 2 bigs together, and the coach just chilling on the bench lmao. This shat about to run me mad watching them lol.

Kids who choose our HBCU's right out of high school seem to be more student athlete, more attached to culture on campus vs kids who come for one or two years as hired basketball players.

I am so glad you said this. I have been saying the same thing for years. I am just not a big fan of transfers.

Not Marcus Mann, I google Valley Rosters and did not recognized the name. perhaps it was someone from another school. This kid was the best player in the conference for about 2 years. i will ask Dollar Bill, He has a good memory

the state of Mississippi was like a catfish hole that produced no matter what the bait was for 3 decades. You had enough talent once the big schools picked over to get NBA caliber players at Alcorn State, Valley, TSU, Jackson State every dang year. And I mean legitimate, NBA players who had bodies on them, no string bean types. Even the out-of-state players were legit. You have Lonnie Walker, who should've been at TSU or PV, playing at Alcorn when he grew up in Houston but high school coaches at the time were loyal to the alma mater.

Then it slowly started going away for whatever reason as Strib still found a way to get them at Valley as the 2003 team was the last Mississippi based team that had those small town players (Norwood) and overlooked city of Jackson players (Ashley Roboinson, Elvis, Solomon Forbes (smh) but they could not close the deal unfortunately.

Green kept it going but it wasn't the same and Woods had it going but they had to truck talent in from all over the country.

Don't sleep on Lacy Reynolds in Mississippi. Lacy knew every kid in the Sip from 1988-1994. L Stib J States head coach at the time says everywhere he went in Mississippi Lacy Reynolds had already been there.

Not Marcus Mann, I google Valley Rosters and did not recognized the name. perhaps it was someone from another school. This kid was the best player in the conference for about 2 years. i will ask Dollar Bill, He has a good memory

Marcus Mann is the last player from the SWAC to be drafted (not play there is a difference) by a NBA team (2nd round, Warriors). Actually made the final roster but retired before playing a game.

He was pretty much a walking double double back when it meant something as far as big men is concerned

The best player to come from Valley is Al Ford (RIP). He led the nation in scoring one year I believe and probably will be at #4 all time in the NCAA for a while.

Only played parts of 2 seasons in the NBA but is pretty much a Euroleague legend having an award named in his honor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphonso_Ford_Top_Scorer_Trophy

Back